1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Transport Tycoon Delux

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by spt, 11 Dec 2011.

1. spt

spt What's a Dremel?

Just watched the yogcast on youtube of them playing and could not resist, Open TTD downloads in seconds and is as good fun as I remember it all those years ago!

2. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

i spent so much time with this game when i was younger. such a good game

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I give it a go every now and then. Fav thing to do is make a custom map with one factory and dozens of farms. Makes for one massive super station.

4. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Got OTTDX loaded on my pc actually and was playing earlier. It's definatly fun... it's crazy when you see 4000x4000 square levels and people have created some terrifying rail networks

5. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I used to play this all the time, loved it. I find that it quickly gets boring though because there is nothing to really struggle against. You just get richer and richer and eventually I dominate the entire map and I just sit back and watch the millions roll in. Pretty soon I have so much money I can do stupid stuff like knocking down an entire mountain just for fun or to build an airport on it or whatever. I wish there was a sequel which took it to a new level, maybe introduced recessions and more aggressive competitors or something, and more stuff to build.

But yeah, if you have never played it before, you should get it right away and enjoy.

6. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Great great game, kept me busy for hours on end. But yeah, once you can work out the initial parts of the game, it gets pretty easy. Keep buying out the competition...

7. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

One of the best games ever made imho. At the start of a game I used to find one of the smaller towns and set up base there; then i'd build some super transport networks for it and watch the town expand. The game was not the greatest challenge though, but damn was it fun. a good sequel would be great.

8. WarMadMax

WarMadMax What's a Dremel?

Get open TTD on the go (as mentioned earlier, google it)

then try the multiplayer, plenty of servers out there, pit yourself with humans (co-op company) or against them.

sometimes i'll just log into a server to see what people have created, some of them are astonishing.

9. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

If I had a huge supply of money I would make a proper sequel. Just for the fans. This is one thing that gets me about the game industry. We can spit out COD games and clones non stop but a good game that has lasted the ages like transport tycoon?

Forget it.

10. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Is a game that has needed a sequal for ages, must be a bit of money in it.

11. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I seem to remeber Chris Sawyer (the guy who wrote the orginal game) made a new game called Locomotion, but it was never as good as the original. I'm going to hate hte op for the rest of my xmas break now, I've got lots of games on steam, but I shall be playing open TTD all weekend instead now.

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

He also worked on cities in motion i believe, would be good if he could make a new transport tycoon game.

13. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I've got Cities in Motion, gues I'll be downloading that tonight once I hit the witching hour :)

14. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I looked at Cities in Motion, it looks a bit too simple? It looks like just transport and not much else. Whereas with games like SimCity or Cities XL 2012 you get to build an entire city yourself.