1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Travelling South East Asia

Discussion in 'General' started by Ljs, 6 Nov 2018.

1. Ljs

Ljs Well-Known Member

I'm going to be travelling around South East Asia for 3-4 months very soon (mainly Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam) and wondered if any other have been or have any words of advice?

I realise there is a plethora of travel sites but I thought it would be nice to hear from you guys.

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Well-Known Member

Seconded, please! @Ljs, hope you don't mind if I piggyback on your thread...
    My wife has a 6 week sabbatical in the new year, and is flying to Hanoi for a trip round Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia.
    I, on the other hand will be at home in the cold running the household!

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Vietnam is amazing!! I dont know what words of wisdom i can offer apart from a very safe and friendly country. I cycled from Siagon up to Hanoi over a couple of weeks and every day was my new best day!! Food is cheap , home stays are cheap and defiantly the best option in most places other than big cities.
    Make extra time for staying in Hoi An and getting some clothes made :D . I miss Vietnam in the biggest possible way. Hoping to do Laos and Cambodia soon ... been lazy and 2 relaxing trips to Bali instead lately.

Arboreal likes this.
  4. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Arboreal likes this.
  5. Ljs

Ljs Well-Known Member

Of course - the more the merrier!

Arboreal likes this.
  6. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Staff Administrator

Hello yes I have been to all three countries mentioned, although not for as long. Also Philippines :)

@Ljs Was there anything specific you wanted to know? Would be good to know your age/what kind of stuff you are into.

@Arboreal Same to you, would be good to know if there's anything specific you're after on your wife's behalf

Arboreal likes this.
  7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

ASL baby?....

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

14/F/Cali

9. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

That's entrapment. No fair.

PS - sorry for the massive derail. Couldn't resist!

10. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

We loved Thailand when we went there a few years ago (actually make that 6 years ago, jeebus I'm getting old). Chiang Mai was our favourite I think of the places we went (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui). Keep a VERY close eye on your possessions in Bangkok if you're going there - bag snatching from scooters was bad back then. We both enjoy cooking and did a fantastic cookery course in Chiang Mai - basically spend the day cooking and then eating Thai food - heaven :)