1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treated like **** by club security - should I do anything?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by boiled_elephant, 25 Aug 2014.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The only way it will ever change is if you stop giving them money (and enough others do the same).

However I have passed the age where standing in a room full of strangers with deafening music and overpriced alcohol counts as a valid activity long ago, so maybe I'm not the best judge on the subject.

2. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Just go to a more exclusive (expensive) club - if you don't wanna risk being treated like riff-raff, don't hang out with the riff-raff.

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I've been booted out of pubs and clubs by over-zealous doormen, usually ones that look permanently angry and are all roids. Never been hurt by any of them, but gentle they aren't. And like others have said already, it doesn't matter what you say, once they have decided you are out you are OUT.

4. creative

creative 500rwhp

Another ex club manager here. I had 15 years in the trade and heard every excuse under the sun.... I was even abused by a group of ladies who thought I was way to forceful removing a chap that was dancing with them. Only when I asked her to get her purse from her bag did she realised what had happened.....as I handed her purse back to her.

These people are here to protect you, the club and other patrons to ensure you have a safe night. Unfortunately when dealing with people in these environments, a split second decision has to be made, be it right or wrong. Forceful removal is the quickest way to maintain control, remove it from the premises and continue on. Yes some guys do go a bit hard but thats the nature of the job these days im afraid.... I lost count of the number of times I was threatened to be attacked, shot, robbed or set upon... all in the name of wanting a beer. If a complaint is made it boils down to seeing what the amount of reasonable force they used. They are not small guys and reasonable force to them may be excessive/abusive to a passive person such as yourself.

Doormen are/must be registered with the SIA and must be licenced. ..... but I will tell you now, its the guys that are not 'officially' working, not licensed but 'assist' the doormen when it all kicks off... these are the ones to watch out for!

We used to get regular inspections both by licensing and the SIA to ensure we are complying.

As others have said, chalk it up to experience and go again next week... just dont close your eyes and zone out!

Last edited: 1 Sep 2014
    boiled_elephant likes this.