1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Tribal Flames Mod by HxN (17 August 2007- glow pictures)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by HeXeN, 10 Aug 2007.

1. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

nice job with psu mount.
    the dust bunny's shur were busy in there. lol

2. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

thx wbdog206

firts thing that i noticed after getting rid of dust was temperature drop 10C degrees :D

they were so fluffy and HOT as well :D .. i can;t stop thinking abot those hot fluffy dust bunnys :D

3. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

Hey Ya it's time for paintin' :D goshh many of hours spent on putting primer, sanding with water paper 1000 -> 2000
    painting it again and again .. and now is time for final black coat.
    After this I will show Ya Red coat on inside part of sides and black otside :)

First one is smth that i forgot to show U. It's picture made inside the case. This what u see is PSU and flames on TOP side.
    [​IMG]

this shows custom PSU cables that i wanted them to be black and red ... Red for 12V and black for 5V.(Ended with black isolation tube)
    card reader and psu connection cable (it what white before when i foud it in my scrap:D)
    [​IMG]

Now u can show half work with black ... normal view :p everything was painted outside building on free air.
    [​IMG]

as U can imagine it went smooth but paint looked horrible so again sanding:grr:
    [​IMG]

then ... at last !!
    [​IMG]

in mean time i started to modify DVD so i could hide opening somewhere under the case (sorry no pictures of it only cable:/)
    [​IMG]

here are sanded parts of side and top ready for puting primer coat
    (lost image somewhere in the internet)

Primer and bit of red colour from painting other side
    [​IMG]

finally RED (isn;t this beutifull? :hip:)
    [​IMG]

and now Dark side of it the black side :naughty:
    [​IMG]

acrylic with red led light and(there is protective white foil) it will be removed and acril glass will be transparen :>
    [​IMG]

ReD and BlacK
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 26 Oct 2008
  4. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Nice mod so far, like the clean PSU recable. But how in hell did you manage to cut yourself soo badly before you noticed?

5. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

when you add the long time work in almost 30C degree, beeing badly pissed on someone after not nice phone call and speed of grinder you will notice that it can be done without notice :D

But mainly it's becouse when you cut like this you damage your nerws by strong heat (cut and burn at the same time) and your brain is unable to get the info about pain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this one hurt badly when wallpaper knife went into my finger:duh: i really can't imagine how i did that :wallbash: but ... more blood at the modd site :rock:

Ok ... this evening feel free to look for next update ======> final painting and assembling !!

6. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

I see some muscle pulp under there. Good and deep. Some people with weak stomachs may not like that picture. A little superglue should keep that closed up for a while. Mod looks good, btw.

7. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

heh SPQQKY you made me laugh .. super glue is for bigger injurys:p huh this is only god for duct tape (this one from McGywer)

8. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

Hey there its time for final painting ... as U can imagineit will be only red and blac soo look at painting :)

<no image>

[​IMG]

Back will be black so no red paint for back :nono:
    [​IMG]

don't turn your monitors :p i've rotated it to see how it will look normally :hip:
    [​IMG]

how about computer case on spikes ... this case is very heavy weight one .. with baterry pack and all stuf about 30kilos :D
    [​IMG]

PSU and the rear side of case
    [​IMG]

front and DVD cover (its hidden behind original chieftec plug (smooth look as the whole front)
    [​IMG]

side view ... hmmm as U can see DVD custom painted with red big DOT, PSU on its place with very short cables (about 5cm), motherboard etc.
    [​IMG]

and top is on
    [​IMG]

top with front (mmmm ^^)
    [​IMG]

sorry for the flash :/
    [​IMG]

rear side ( i love this view the most, don't know why :D)
    [​IMG]

and front bezel finally (its not polished after sanding)
    [​IMG]

side panel for somone ? :D here is rear view with side panel but still mess with little cables don't worry everythin gonna be hidden behind motherboard and under mirron on down side of case
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

final black coat to make everything look like made of one part..
    [​IMG]

It's the ond of everything ... case made only night shots have left. everything is lightened by 40 superflux LED with wide angle
    they are hidden around acrilic... this night i will make some photos to show U how it looks.
    [/CENTER]

Last edited: 26 Oct 2008
  9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Hell, man! I came back thinking the gore was over. Every time I see a pic like that I flash back to when I cut my pinky lengthwise.
    Nice paintjob. Too bad about the green mobo.

10. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

Too many things to do and update is late :wallbash:

This time I would Like to show You all a nighshoots of my project.
    Photos were taken after midnight with light off and as it's normal on long shutter mode :hip:

First one shows U how mod looks from behind :eyebrow: lol for me I know that
    [​IMG]

and now full darknes with LEDs on :) i hope U will enyoj it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engravement as U can see was made around on acrylic to lighten up edges of flames.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not happy of that this is the end of work :wallbash: BUT i will be very happy when U say few word of criticism
    about my work.

Don't worry i'm thinking about next modd on this beuty :>

[​IMG]

11. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Very clean work there, brother. I've had one or two of those Chieftec chassis before. They're flexible for modding. Not to mention a classic. Mod on! :rock:

12. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

chieftec chasis is good ... except the thick side panels :D hard to cut but good for freaakyy patterns. Second one is CompaQ Proliant 1500 server Case .. more to do with it for example making it ATX compatible but that's the modding :) btw THX E.E.L Ambiense for comment :)

13. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

No prob, man. I appreciate good tight work!

14. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

Great job, but I'm a bit disappointed...............................no bloody wounds today! :naughty:

J/K, nice work HeXen.

15. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

SPQQKY no wounds but ... i'm thinking about something monstrual and gore as hell :D (nope ... no more injurys :p)

16. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

Cool, I've started another project. I'll probably post a bit tonight. You may like it.:thumb:

17. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

SPQQKY I want to see it !! where is it ? :) ... can;t wait i really like your style in modding !!

18. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

case looks great.
    everything looks nice and tidy.
    good work.

19. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Excellent work, the PC just screams for water or Phase change, but the case itself is excellent, the cuts are very clean and stand out.

20. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

wbdog206 . thanks a lot :)

hydro ... yeah soon there will be smth new :) thx for nice words from U :)

Tags: