1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

Looking forward to more Tribal shenanigans. ;)

2. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

DAAAAAAAMN! Ran into a problem. Don't know why I didn't see this coming. Well,... just follow along.

Jan-30-2008

I rounded the shielding. For the most part it went well. I had to alter the grills a bit because some of the holes and grooves didnt line of as well as I wanted it too. But this is fine. Looks great.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's the tinted equiv I was telling you about. In the process of making it.
    [​IMG]

I want it to go on top.
    [​IMG]

Very cool.
    [​IMG]

Here it is shaped. Its looking great! BUT! I want to round all the outer edges, sand and polish. I dont want to leave the edges square. Just doesnt look right. Even though there are no pics here of it,... I rounded the edges and it looks a lot better then square edges but its such a crappy job though! There's to much detail for me to really get in to do it right.
    [​IMG]

Here are the options,...
    Option #1: No acrylic equivalent. Just polished aluminum.
    Option #2: A tinted equivalents that go under the aluminum instead of on top. This will look better then having a square edge equivalent on top. I want to do this idea.
    Option #3: A clear dusted equivalent of 1/16" acrylic on top. Although the res wouldnt really match the case,... hot damn it would look nice though!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is kind of what it would look like with the tinted acrylic under the aluminum. It would look great. I know it would. I just wanted it on top:( Next time. The acrylic on top of aluminum is more for a shield with less design. Or a design that would allow me to successfully round and polish all edges so it looks like a tinted bubble on top of the aluminum.
    [​IMG]

I think i'm just going to do the tinted under option.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I didnt reshoot my video for the scroll saw because I was pissed and just not in the mood to shoot it again. Last thing you want is cranky me making a video. Actually,... I think one day I will do that, LOL. That would be funny.

3. widmod

widmod Member

nicely done as always
    great you still got new ideas...:jawdrop:
    @Qhs nice stuff you orderd

4. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Damn, Tribal! Nice friggin' lightsaber!!!

[​IMG]

In all serious, I personally like option #3 the most. I'm interested in seeing where you go with it. It's amazing so far, as usual.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

That looks sweet! You know I say stick with the original plan. Rounded, candy-like edges are the sh*t. Have you used the sandpaper rolled up in a cone trick yet? You can rough out your edges with a conical dremel bit. I always start with a countersink bit, or needle file out a 45 degree bevel, then let the sandpaper do the final rounding.
    I thought you left that mounting area vague because you knew the position of the holes would be different after bending.

P.S.- I started a reservoir thread using some of your ideas and forgot to get your permission.:D It's the last one in my sig. Is this OK with you?

6. tribaloverkill

I tried many different things. Just cant get in the small areas good enough to sand and polish. I'm ok with you having your own reservoir thread and you can even copy me just dont profit from my ideas. Thats not cool.

7. tribaloverkill

At EEL dude I want to go with 3 too but it wont look right with Qhs's case:) Lets see what he says if he wants it i'll do it becuse it would look hot.

8. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Damn that res is looking crazy :jawdrop: So much for a res being the boring box that sits in the corner! So is this res gonna pwn the case it goes into? :hehe:
    I'd LOVE to see a case where EVERYTHING gets this treatment! I'm talking, waterblocks, heatsinks, psu case, hdd & dvd cradles, brackets that hold the expansion cards on the mobo, and the actual case itself. Now that would be a moty :D

9. tribaloverkill

One day you will see my case magic:) I can't wait to show you what I have up my sleeve,...

Anyways,... I talked to Qhs and he wants whats behind door #3! This is going to be nice! It's going to look totally different now. Instead of being super dark looking its going to look whitish with chrome. When you turn it on,... lots and lots of blue and the aluminum under the frosted acrylic is going to cast its detailed shadow on the acrylic. Going to look sick. Going to start this as soon as I get off of work here.

10. tribaloverkill

Oh man,... looking sweet.

Jan-31-2008

Here's the thinner clear frosted arylic cover for the top piece. Oh I polished all the pieces too. I had to see what it all looked like.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's very thin. Less then 1/16". It doesnt look bulky ontop like the tinted did. I have to do this more often. I love the way it looks.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Assembled. So damn nice.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lights on. Only six ill placed LEDs. Looks crazy cool! I want it! I have to make the side skirts now. They are going to match the top piece.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Awesome craftsmanship as always!! Those chrome looking alu shields look the bomb!! Not so sure I like the frosted acrylic on top of the alu though.. it kind of detracts from that awesome polished look. Perhaps the pics don't do it justice? Do you have a pic of what it would look like with the frosted acrylic between the polished alu shields?

I really LOVED the look of the stakes you made earlier:
    That chrome-on-frost look, makes my heart ache, it's that beautiful!! 8¨D

Last edited: 1 Feb 2008
  12. tribaloverkill

I dont have a pic of it with frosted under and maybe these pics dont do it justice because I cant keep my hands off of it, lol. I even brought it to work to design the skirts and people around me were like,... what the hell is that! So cool! The frosted clear kind of,.... works with the polished aluminum. I cant explain it. Without it I could possibly say that there to much polished stuff going on but with it,... its like nice. Because the frosted clear kind of has the same color as the polished and its dull which makes the polished stand out nicely. The acrylic kind of has a "coating" look to it. I dont know. I still like it and plan on makign a whole pc like this one day.

13. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

Wow the frosted looks nice! I agree that "coating" adds texture to the shield.:thumb:

14. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Looking good. I think the frosted looks better.

15. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Despite my love for shiny, mushy-looking plexi, I have to say that looks better. Now go wash your hands.:D
    You took it to work? Keep that up and you might start getting requests for C-leg modding.

16. MShort

MShort putting the "i" in team

u live not to far away from me, im down in Williamstown, completely off topic but its looking good

17. tribaloverkill

Oops.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2008
  18. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

ROFLMAO!! Good stuff, man. Good stuff. And very informative!

19. NZ_mod_man

NZ_mod_man New Member

Nice T. Your work just keeps gtting better every time I check up on this thread.

You truely are a god. (just don't let it go to your head! hehe :D )

20. Thadeez

Thadeez New Member

Dude, i laughed my ass off watching that vid of yours :hehe: Keep up the fantastic work and ttyl :)