1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubles with new system.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Prophet, 29 May 2004.

1. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

So, i just upgraded my system from a dfi lanparty and xp2000+ to a msi fis2r mobo and a64 3200+. Now i thought, id power up into windows and see if i could bu lucky and get away without reformattiing. Probably the most stupid thing ever but hey.

Anyway, i turned machine on and get a couple of errors. One about SATA not being installed, which is fine, i dont got a sata device, The second and more worrying "BIOS is not installed" which makes me laugh cos i can quick happily enter the bios play around with all the setttings and even boot into windows. So im in windows, i thought id uninstall all the stuff from my old chipset and put the new VIA stuff on for this one, well that didnt go so well, after restarting i cant get into windows anymore, it boots but when it does the ill "Your are entering windows theme tune" the monitor turns off. I think thats something to do with the fact it uninstalled the video driver controller, im using an ati 9700 gfx card btw. Anyway, so i can get into safe mode, and im just wondering what the best thing to do about the BIOS not installed message is, and how teh heck i can get this beat up and running again. Cheers for any input,
    Proph.

2. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Format, its essential.

3. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

yea im working on it as we speak. Just checked the old msi driver and got the ati drivers i need to hopefully let the ati card work under windows :) Its a start, if i got that working ill try and make a bootable windows disc and try a format :)

Proph.

4. rio2

rio2 What's a Dremel?

format :thumb:

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

The "bios not installed" is something to do with the SATA controller, its not a massive problem, IIRC its caused by not having an Array created.

6. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

thats what i thought... but i dont got any sata in thee..

Proph.

Last edited: 30 May 2004