1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trumpet Blowing 2014

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Votick, 1 Jan 2014.

1. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

And then there were 3 :thumb: :rock:
    ... might be a while till another team member passes the 0.5Bn milestone - at current rates, looks like Scorpuk will be there in about 8 months ...

2. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Not much of a milestone, but I've just passed 3 million points - lol. Been many years since I last put some effort into this and I tipped my hat to Craig Baker whom I overtook yesterday.

I've now got two rigs on the go, so hopefully I will be able to add to the scores a bit more now.

I do wished I'd know about the Passkeys before, came across them by chance yesterday and what a difference they make - serves me right for not reading up on the subject. My predicted PPD from my gaming rig has risen from around 150,000 ppd to 650,000 ppd! I'll be delighted if it starts producing this sort of numbers. A far cry though from the 6mil per day of Nelio (truly awsome performance)

Just need to optimise my 2nd machine tonight as my 780ti has arrived.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I've had a couple of old machines chugging away again since February and have racked up another million points. It's slow progress compared to the first 10 million but hey, every little counts! I'm also working on a plan and permission to run the client on machines in school if I can get the connection through the filter with the powers that be!

4. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

ohh seems I crossed 6 mill last week.

5. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

Congrats to you all. Excellent work.

I just passed 300 mill milestone. :clap: :thumb:

Productions been a bit crazy. Had to drop the clock on both HD7970's on gaming rig, down to 985Mhz GPU and 1400Mhz Memory, as I was getting driver recovery almost every half hour. Probably a temperature issue as both cards were hitting 89°C+, so have a desk fan blowing into the case and getting 75°C ish now on both. :idea:

Need to do a bit of work on the gaming rig. 1 fan on the corsair H100 has fallen out and one fan on one of the HD7970's is making a noise and not spinning 100%. Just need a replacement fan for the H100, but didnt have time when I was home this trip.

Also getting a problem on the HD7970 machine that has HFM.NET where windows just dies and leaves a black screen. I can still see mouse, but it wont even start crtl+alt+del screen. Anywho will do a reinstall in 3 weeks time. :dremel:

Hey ho. :wallbash:

6. Chris_Waddle

The joys of folding - Many congrats on that milestone!

I've now just crossed the 10mil mark. What a difference todays' parts make. I remember back when I started folding it took me over 2 years to break the 2mil barrier. I've just done another 8mil in just over a week, and Nelio is still banging out over 6mil a day

7. DocJonz

Nice work Sorpuk :thumb:
    ... looks like you and StreetSam have got a good fight on for that 5th place :lol:

Folding certainly takes its toll on hardware :duh:

8. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

9. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

Congrats StreetSam. :thumb:

Good to see you back up and running.

10. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Sadly not for long, working away from home all Summer (on and off) and the wife won't have them on when I'm away :-(

11. Chris_Waddle

Many congrats StreetSam, that's an impressive score.

I also know what you mean about the wife not liking it. I go away for a few days to come back and find my main rig was turned off no sooner had I left.

12. mikemaher205

mikemaher205 What's a Dremel?

Bit delayed, but broken into the top 200 on the team, onwards to 150 now!

13. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Looks like I need to fire up some more clients. ^^

14. DocJonz

Nelio's broken the 1bn points milestone :jawdrop: :rock:

15. Chris_Waddle

Wow, that's an amazing feat, mighty impressive - and there was I happy at having broken 30mil this week

16. DocJonz

30mil is not to be sniffed at - it's a good milestone and brings you in the team top 60 - you've also got one of the highest PPD's for the team - many congrats :thumb:

Nelio is one of the exceptions the team gets every now and then - when someone gets access to extensive server hardware that they don't own or pay running costs for, so can crank-out serious points. I think inparm was the first with his racks of Blade servers, and we've had zz9pzza following in similar footsteps - great for the overall team score while they are running ...

17. Chris_Waddle

Well thanks for the kind words.

I remember when inpharm came onto the scene, was a sight to behold. I'm just pleased that Nelio chose this team to add the points he is generating.

I'm doing my best at the moment to crank out as many points as I can, but my wife keeps turning off my main PC whenever she can as she hates the heat it's kicking out - especially with the warm weather we are having.

I'm mightily impressed with yourself and others who keep churning out the big points month after month - then again, you probably never need central heating ;)

18. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

Ohhh the heat. :eeek:

Current temps in the house:
    [​IMG]

Heating set to 17°C, so well basically off. :thumb:

19. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

Congrats on the HUGE milestone Nelio. :thumb:

20. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

congrats Nelio