1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics TV Tuner/HTPC/PVR PCI cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by A13n0rma1, 22 Mar 2004.

1. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

Can anyone recommend me a good one that meets the following:

1. DOES NOT give me errors when I'm trying to record broadcast TV. My current AIW does this and every show I've set to record thus far has not recorded due to this copyright protection.

2. Doesn't cost me much more than $100USD, if even that.

3. Allows recordings to be scheduled

4. While not important or necessary, somesort of program guide would be nice.

...of course, if anyone has somesort of hack or method to remove this copy-protection madness, I wouldn't mind that either.

2. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

1. I need more info on how the ati is receiving its signal is it throught an co-ax aerial or s-vid etc. But you shouldnt be getting this error I heard of it before but I can't remember the solution.

2. Many people swear by the wintv pvr 250 but this is over $130 I believe but it is a mpeg1/2 hardware card so no recoring to divx etc.

3. If you want electronic programming recordings try myhtpc with got tv module and xmltv (works a charm for me).

4.See 3.

3. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

It's straight to the wall coaxial.

I may be calling the ATI people if my 5th hour of googling turns up nothing.

Tags: