1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News TVersity to receive major facelift

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Jan 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i use this for my PS3 as well very usefull, i have only been able to stream unconverted Xvid files tho cant get the transcoder to work on older Xvid files that will not work on the PS3

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

xbox 360 and ps3 now support mp4 playback (that includes divx, xvid, apples mp4 format, etc....) so you only really need this if you want to stream content to your wii

4. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

cjoyce1980 the 360 supports full divx playback including mp4, the PS3 will only do the mp4 part of that spec.. there is also alot of other codecs/codec profiles and file extensions that the 360 and PS3 do not support.
    TVersity is great for all of those :)

5. salesman

salesman Minimodder

yea its not just transcoding, but also steaming it and the level of control it gives, which is extremely nice if you have and old PC like mine. My only complaint with it is that it is in beta therefore it doesn't have an ease of use but neither does my 360

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I was having a lot of issues w/ TVersity and the PS3, but for some reason after uninstalling everything (codecs mainly) and reinstalling everything TVersity (from what I have seen at my friend's house thus far) is working. When I was having problems, TVersity kept giving this MediaServer.exe error upstairs on the computer and then on the PS3 it would give this error code. Luckily it's not "timing out" or giving any errors (knock on wood) and I love the ability to transcode when necessary because streaming DivX video is so much faster now that it doesn't need to compress/transcode anything.......

Tags: Add Tags