1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics [Tweak tool] NV GPU Pro for Nvidia graphic card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GoodBytes, 8 Apr 2009.

1. Zaim

Zaim Minimodder

I tried that tool to get my clock speeds down on idle for my 8600GT's in SLI but it wouldn't work. has anyone else got the same problem?

Thanks

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

For some reason when GPU's are set to be in SLI mode, the GPU clock goes on max for both GPU's. I don't know if it happens on all models and series though. From my understanding, both GPU's needs to be in sync, and to prevent a de-sync problem, both GPU's goes at full speed. Now why they can't downclock at the same time and at the same speed, is unknown.

Multiple-GPU setup's of the same of different GPU's works thought (ie: you have to break your SLI).

3. Zaim

Zaim Minimodder

Hi, thanks for your reply. i see, i think i'll leave it then as i'll be upgrading the graphics card and cpu soon. (Phenom 2 965+ATI 5830/5850)

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ooh! good choice.

You can still use Nv GPU Pro, never the less :)
    You can use it to get more benchmark details on the Windows Experience Index, so that it helps you do quick benchmark comparison of an overclock, or even check how a new driver performs, or even compare performance between systems with greater ease. :)

The options related to Nvidia GPU's won't be there when you load the software, so that it doesn't screw up your system due to accident option switch.
    Expect additional detail information on Windows Experience Index in the coming up versions.