1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight Imperium

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkReaper, 26 Apr 2008.

1. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Not sure if this should be in Gaming but as it's not a computer game...

Anyhow, anyone heard of it? Played it? I discovered the damn thing a month ago and despite playing 3 games of it, with a total of nealry 20 hours of play, I've yet to finish one! I won by default today after 6.5 hours because we had to pack up but good grief this thing is long.

For those who don't know, you've probably stopped reading by now - but it's essentially a turn-based strategy board game. Planets to conquer, fleets to build, tech to research, objectives to achieve and a bit of diplomacy mixed amongst the overt hostility. Oh, and a planet blows up at least once per game. I'm almost tempted to buy myself a set but I'm not really sure if I can interest the housemates in something that requires at least six hours to work through every time, once everyone knows what they're doing.

There must be others on a forum this geeky who've come across it before - any other fanboys? :rock: