1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Two devices down one USB extension

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by neocleous, 14 Oct 2010.

1. neocleous

neocleous Member

Hi all,

I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3, my TV is wall mounted and I have the equipment quite away from the TV and all the cables are buried in the wall.

I bought a PS Move starter kit the other day and I am probably going to get kinect for the Xbox my question is before I bust my wall open again and go and buy 4 active USB repeater leads is there any way to connect the Kinect and playstion camera to one USB cable via a hub of some sort? They will never be on at the same time so there is no chance of the Kinect being plugged into the PS3 etc

I think I know what the answer is I am just short of space in my cable run.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'd say give it a go - a cheap USB hub isn't hard to find, you might get lucky. :D

3. neocleous

neocleous Member

I just thought I would need some sort of backwards hub on the other end, I don't think there is such a thing!

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

5. neocleous

neocleous Member

I wont be able to get at the back of the equipment to swap the cable over so its not an option unfortunately

Thanks for the links though I will have to try and find something in the UK like that