1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.S. Pres. Reagan Dead at 93

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TekMonkey, 5 Jun 2004.

1. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Yes, a few did.

Like I've said before, there are many negative aspects to anyone in political office.

Actually that was the whole point of Reaganomics, to outspend and bankrupt the Soviets and thus end the cold war. The side effect of it was a massive increase in defense spending sparking such things as the Internet and faster microprocessors. However, the bad thing is that it raised the national debit tremendously.

2. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

The quintessencial element of reaganomics was setting the optimal federal income tax rate. He managed to increase federal income tax revenues almost 30% by lowering the rate at which people were being taxed.

What did congress do with the new extra money, well, they didn't put it in the bank. Reagan signed every federal spending bill so he's not off the hook but at least he had something to do with the lowering of federal income tax rates whereas Congress only contributed to the spending of the new extra money.

3. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Well, if you want to get detailed ;)

4. savethegaywhales

savethegaywhales What's a Dremel?

As would I but he increased the federal debt by more than the debt all of his predecessors combined incurred. But we're all alive, and that's what really matters.

5. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

or as a certain MP would say

REEEGEN