1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubi: Settlers 7 DRM still not fixed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 Apr 2010.

1. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

While I think you are within your rights to do that, I do wish that you had made a stand and not bought (or pirated) the game at all.

In my post I used the terms developers/publishers referring to the companies and not the individuals who are on the ground making the game. I have heard many reports of poor working conditions for the coders/artists etc. and I think it's disgusting. However, all too often, the companies themselves are raking in the cash, despite (and sometimes because of) the poor conditions their workers endure.

Also, I would imagine that decisions about DRM are made by the higher echelons of management, rather than by the people actually making the game.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my previous post.

2. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Sadly I agree with you, I'll at least make a point of not buying AC2 which I would be keen on if not for the DRM

3. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

Wow. Glad I googled "Settlers 7" prior to purchasing it now, as it's on sale on Steam. Seriously can't be ****ed tolerating broken DRM these days. Sad times for games developers. :(

Tags: Add Tags