1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft apologises for Assassin's Creed: Unity bugfest

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 27 Nov 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Now the CEO has been left red faced, let’s hope they take their releases more seriously. They are the number one bad guy right now in terms of caring about the quality of their games. Also, while I'm here: Uplay - seriously - get rid of this!

Also, I know you are going to do this, but UBISOFT: PLEASE DON’T SCREW UP THE DIVISION.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I remain quite happy to steer clear of Ubisoft games.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Easier said than done, if you avoid EA ubisoft and activision the big 3 you will play basically 0 AAA titles as they publish so much of the games released on pc now.

5. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Then you have to ask if it's worth to be dependent on those AAA titles, and if they are really worth the trouble.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2014
  6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Between humble bundles and old stuff from gog.com there is enough games to be had for several lifetimes without buying AAA games.

7. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

The irony of being greeted by a 502 Gateway error when trying to read this article...

When we see releases like this, it just makes me rather worried for the future of AAA titles. We as gamers keep asking for more, meanwhile the publishers don't want to increase development times and deadlines. Those two simply don't mix, one side will have to relent or else every big release will be a shambles.

I'm still waiting for a game to come along that genuinely excites me on PC. There are lots of cool indie titles out there, but they don't tend to hold my attention very long. I thought Star Citizen may be that title, but the more updates I see the more put off and anxious I become. The scope is just huge, and I'm worried important aspects simply won't receive the attention they need. Take for example the FPS mechanics, the current demos are a bit rubbish frankly, so as far as I'm concerned they haven't got anything to show yet. Yes I know it's all early in development, but I just have this bad feeling things won't change quite as much as we want them to.

8. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

shame... far cry 3 and 4 are awesome open world fps but I don't know if fps is your cup of tea

9. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"the overall quality of the game was diminished by bugs and unexpected technical issues"

Funny...everyone else was expecting precisely that :p

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

should have used mantle if a high level of overdraw was used - but im sure NVidia wouldn't have approved much....

Last edited: 27 Nov 2014
  11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Fortunately FPS games are not my cup of tea, I'm mainly a solo and MMO RPG player. For me games like Skyrim and ESO hit the nail right on the head.

12. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

So as recompense for releasing a game full of bugs, they are giving away, part of the game that they were going to make you pay for having, that should have really been part of the game when released anyway, and that's their way of apologising?
    Here have some stuff for free that we were going to make you pay for even though we only cut it from the release product to make some money from it.

13. Mr_Mistoffelees

Rather cynical of you there.

And rightly so.

14. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Bugfest, indeed.

15. silk186

silk186 Derp

I think it was decent of them to offer compensation and admit they were in the wrong. It's possible they will learn from this. What has been offered for those that have bought far cry 4?