1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft buys Trackmania dev

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Active Member

OH NOES!

I can only see this being a bad thing...

3. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I agree buyouts can be pretty bad, but Ubisoft had a name for originality in its early days ... maybe this could be good?

4. Orionche

Orionche Guest

If they leave them alone to do what they do best, Ubisoft can only gain by this. On the other hand, expect Trackmania 2: Revenge of the <insert something witty here>, within 6 months after T2 is out, T3 in 2010, T4 in 2011, etc. :)

5. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

No more free version i bet :/

6. delriogw

delriogw New Member

i agree with orionche, if this is purely an injection of funds and the devs will be left to do what they do best just with the support that comes from being part of a bigger company then this will be a good thing,

i'd be a lot more worried if it were EA

7. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

+1

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

they were impressed a 10 person team could do so well. Now they will invest money to make their lives easier and they will expect even better results from them. It doesn't necessarily mean they will rebuild the whole thing... although I doubt they will ever release another free version :)

9. NikoBellic

NikoBellic Tech Addict

I suspect that they may have bought em out cuz they need a little help with thier Driver title which I believe Ubi have owned the rights to since 2006, and since its been 3 years and nothing has come out of the Newcastle based reflections studio, I think Ubi must need some help...

10. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

im still surprised they havent rolled out trackmania onto xbox live... theyd make a bundle :)

11. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

Getting TMNF to work with the XPad 360 gave me a bit of trouble (on Windows). I couldn't use the DPad in game, so I had to get an old version of Xpadder to make it work.

12. impar

impar Well-Known Member

Greetings!

:sigh:

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

UGH why dont people realize less companies mean less competition which means higher prices >< I am getting sick of all these buy outs going on in all fields, especially in the cell phone market were already screwed as it is >< ugh...

14. Orionche

Orionche Guest

And you gotta realize the devs are people too and while they sympathize with your opinion and would prolly say the same thing, they'll most likely go the other route. They all got a truck load of money with that buyout. I'm guessing they have bills to pay, families to support. Plus, if Ubisoft is giving them some other project, it means a steady income for a whole year probably (if not more) and job experience. =)

15. delriogw

delriogw New Member

if you're using the D-Pad to drive you might as well just use a keyboard.

Tags: Add Tags