1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft caught in Assassin's Creed marketing war

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 May 2008.

1. NoOther

NoOther What's a Dremel?

I think everyone here is missing another extremely valid reason for this patch. If you are a business, then you need to decide who your biggest customer is and try to appease them. Ubisoft's biggest customer is neither ATI or nVidia, its the gamers. But if you look at the population of gamers, what do the majority of them have in their systems? They majority of the graphics market is still firmly in the hands of nVidia. So if you have a game that will not run properly on the majority of your clients computers, then you obviously need to do something about it. It's neither the fact that they made some ultra secret deal with nVidia (which quite frankly is ludicrous) or that they wish to alienate their ATI clients (which is unfortunate). It is that they need to provide a solution to the problem a majority of their clients have, and unfortunately the solution is going to alienate a small minority of their clients. I don't really see what is the big to do about this at all. Besides which, there are tons of games out there now that continually crash on ATI products, while nVidia's drivers continually improve. So why would nVidia even contemplate trying to sabotage "1" game for ATI?

2. karolis

karolis Code Monkey

I really think this is unfair. dx10.1 clearly has advantages over dx10.0, so why shouldn't the developers use it? So, nVidia doesn't bother to support 10.1, thats their problem. why should the gamers (i.e. the customers) suffer? I'm no ati fanboy, but this is damn unacceptable.

3. Axman

Axman What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags