1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft launches UPlay for digital distribution

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Aug 2012.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Can't seem to edit on this, zavvi I think had anno for 2 for £25 a while back, cheapest I could find it when someone asked.

2. fdbh96

fdbh96 New Member

The thing about valve is that they have a good group of games, and I hardly ever notice the drm. Ubisoft do make great games but ruin them through drm and other stuff. I can actually see EAs point with origin as they have a huge collection of games (many of them F2P) and it makes business sense not to have to hand over x% of every sale.

3. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

Ubisoft is such a lovely company...

Not.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/17/ubi-drm-activation-limits-respond-to-graphics-card-changes/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/21/ubisoft-bluebyte-changes-anno-2070-drm/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/30/psa-possible-security-risk-in-some-ubisoft-pc-games/

Also:

False advertising and so on.

They also force the press to write positive reviews by cutting those who don't off from review samples.

4. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

its kinda there decision who reviews there games for free, these sites could still buy the game and review if they cared that much.

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

The point isn't that they can't, it's that they shouldn't if they want to be a respectable company.

After the whole affair with From Dust I'll be staying clear of UPlay and anything Ubisoft related. Only bought the game because they said it wouldn't have their DRM, a possible redemption! Then they included it anyway and drove the final nail in the coffin. Fun game, though.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Wait, isn't it called UDon'tPlay?

I mean, the only thing I've heard and experienced from them (after ACII..no more) were constant outages. It's like a Californian electricity company on a summer day.

7. Res

Res New Member

They suck as PC developers and need to sort out the DRM failures, but can't blame them for this and it will help keep Valve on their toes (they get a lot of love, but I think Steam needs vastly updating, so much it does wrong). If they had done what Origin have done, and allowed you to enter your owned games Serials to add them to Uplay, I'd have probably installed it, but it seems you can't.

As a Vita owner and a fan, I have much love for Ubisoft. Maybe they should just pull out of the PC sector altogether though.

8. Neoki

Neoki Member

dust showing as £11.99 £7.79

9. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

****ing god awful pile of ****.

On the main page shows all the games on offer for £1 and in fact they aren't at all.

Load of crap un installed.

10. Roskoken

Roskoken New Member

**** Ubisoft

Tags: Add Tags