1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft: 'PC DRM is a success'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Jul 2011.

1. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Go to setting and turn off the instant messages/advertising.

2. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

I have no problem with Steam (other than what the summer sale did to my bank balance.) Yes, it's DRM, but it isn't intrusive. Yes, it takes a little longer to load initially than I like, but that's about the time I'm getting up to smoke anyway. Other than the occasional update to Steam itself, I've never had it crash or had any other problems. For the most part, I don't see Steam as DRM, I see it as a genius way to sell me games. You mean I don't have to lug my ass downtown (or worse, to the suburbs) to pick up a game? Hell yeah! The problem with UbiDRM and its ilk is that it's so ham-fisted. It wouldn't be nearly the same issue if it wasn't so poorly implemented. And you want to treat me, the paying customer, as the criminal? No, thanks, my government has that covered. I think it's gotten a little too easy for media companies that have a bad quarter to point the finger at pirates. Make good games, without broken, ineffective DRM, and maybe you'll start having some good quarters and you won't have to make excuses to the shareholders.

3. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

I remember playing SC - Conviction on release day, and trying it again a couple months later and it was just as bad. On release day the cracked version was playable online (mp) and the people who payed hard cash were forced to deal with horrible DRM and 5-10 minute play sessions.

Hardly call that a success Ubisoft. Man I wish someone else picked up the Tom Clancy games. I couldnt care less about Assassins creed as it's to me just a moneymill with no soul. All of the games are identical, to me anyway. That's just my opinion so don't shoot me just because you like AC =p

Tags: Add Tags