1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft: Red Steel 2 will use Wii Motion Plus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

"still it's in the top 30 or 40 in every country on Wii"

Isn't that because there's only that many games available on the Wii? ;-)

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Perhaps with a less-clumsy control system it'll be better next time.

4. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

As long as it has good Online play with dedicated servers and NO friend codes.. I'll be getting it.

5. The Infamous Mr D

The Infamous Mr D Member

Does that mean Red Steel 2 will *require* the Wii Motion Plus? Or that it's an optional extra not required to play the game but means you'll instead wield your sword like an epileptic gimp wielding a broken chair leg?

Historically, optional add-ons for consoles never tend to sell very well, usually it reeks of squeezing consumers for extra cash. Unless Ubisoft plan on bundling the Wii Motion Plus with Red Steel 2, or Nintendo slap a Wii Motion Plus in with every new Wii Remote, then that would at least allow a foot in the door. Your average punter having to splash out an extra £20 or so per Wii Motion Plus just to play Red Steel 2 could easily stick in the craw and leave a very bitter aftertaste.

Of course, I shouldn't think Ubisoft are that naive to make Red Steel 2 a Wii Motion Plus only game, it potentially reduces their effective sales based on how well Nintendo sell the Wii Motion Plus to their established user base. It could all goes boobies up with Nintendo selling bugger all, and that wouldn't be good for Ubisoft trying to peddle their Wii Motion-only game.

6. Timmy_the_tortoise

Then again.. Making the WMP optional isn't going to do nintendo any favours, since I think most people aren't going to see the benefits as worth an extra £20 aside from the game... And then, I'm not sure the Devs would be happy with their userbase not getting the full experience out of the game.

Best course of action, that I can see, would be to make it mandatory, but bundle it with the game for a small extra fee.

7. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

My thoughts exactly - it's like saying this is one of the top ten funniest posts in this thread so far - not much of a feat when there's less than 10 posts here!

8. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

I hated that game. The only reason (I think) it was popular was because it was the only first person shooter for a long time for the wii.

9. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Bundling it with a game does seem the rational route to go. The rumble pack was the only reason I bought Starfox 64. Go figure.

10. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

very cool. i hope this does well. i'm quite interested how the wii motion plus ends up working.

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i hope they stick with one sword and use the nunchuck for other functions, like punching and other stuff....

12. Timmy_the_tortoise

You bought it for the rumble pack, and stayed for the incredible gameplay, yes?

I Love(d) Lylat Wars.

Tags: Add Tags