1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubisoft uses Reloaded crack as patch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Omertron

Omertron What's a Dremel?

Generally speaking, I like to use a No-CD patch to stop the games from loading all sorts of "protection" onto my machine and killing it.
    I've had no-end of trouble in the past from the likes of StarForce etc. so now I use no-cd patches to allow me to play games I own without adding protection that I don't need or want.

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

well, I use no-dvd patches now (time changes see) basically because I make a ISO from the original game. The original goes into the cupboard and the ISO stays on HD. So i play from the ISO, its faster also. And sometimes this needs a no-dvd patch.

4. Panos

Panos Minimodder

I use no-DVD/CD patches. It's so faster to load the games, and the system boot faster on restart.
    How many times we forgot a CD/DVD into the drive and windows need 10 times more to boot than normal?
    And is the hassle of losing the disks when you want to play different things on the same period.

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Lol...the Reloaded team will live off this for years.......

6. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

i've used no cd cracks to get around only one disk drive, i play a few games casually at a time so it's nice not having to look for a cd every time someone says, get in the renegade game or come play bf2, all legitimately

7. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

haha this is pure gold.

doesnt this count as copyright theft? :lol:

8. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

unsurprisingly, Reloaded don't file for copyright on thier cracks, so no.

9. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

HRHRHR, what a nice ironic twist to wake up to :lol:

10. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

AFAIK you dont have to file for copyright, its optional. certainly thats true here in europe land, dunno about americkaworld though.

11. zabe

zabe Perfect in my imperfection

This is another demonstration that we should never trust companies. I travel A LOT around the world and I refuse to be under the obligation to carry my game dvds with me all the time. It takes space, time, and if I'm really strict, my game dvds will get scratched over time from so much use, and my laptop will use more electricity.

So, after I proudly pay for original content, I then ALWAYS go find a crack that will negate the CD check. So much for ensuring their content, pirates just download games and have them ready and hassle-free to play "out of the box", whereas I pay and then have to search for some method not to be in the need for a CD every single time I want to play a game, wherever in the world I am. Just another proof that it's us paying customers who are damaged by the whole situation.

So, to reloaded and the rest of groups out there, keep coding nice no-cd cracks, cos I refuse to take my game dvds all around the world just because companies want me to. I already paid, then I'll do whatever I want with my game.

12. Project_Nightmare

Project_Nightmare What's a Dremel?

Looks like another case where pirating has improved the gaming industry:clap: Bravo Ubisoft!

13. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

ha.. that's funny.. .and yea, i quite often use a no-cd crack on a game.. just because gamers are lazy and it avoids having to remember to put the CD in :p

14. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

wouldn't releasing a patch to remove the copy protection been just the same as the one they did?

15. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

lol

Nice. nuff said.

16. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Probably some new coder less than two years with the company says "Hey boss, I've got all our worries fixed". Boss says, "Good work!", not bothering about the details because he is too busy managing people and wouldn't know how to read code anyways.

It's funny as hell, but I could see it easily happening. Probably happens a lot more than we ever hear about.

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it has happened lots of times before, i dont remember any of them but there are some games that the last patch they get, the one that makes it not check for a cd, is in fact a no-cd crack from a notorious group.

18. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

LMFAO @ Ubi!!! :D:D:D

Man, when will they learn to stop inconveniencing their customers? :D

19. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

i go buy a game, i then download a no-cd/dvd crack. i'm not gonna spend $80-100 on a game and have the disc get scratched by being used

20. entri3

entri3 What's a Dremel?

wow now they use crackers technology to help themselves out warez can't be to bad then huh [​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags