1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK fuel duty

Discussion in 'General' started by Piratetaco, 11 Jun 2004.

?

UK fuel duty

1. its a piss take

94.2%
  2. i agree with the government taking 70% of what i pay at the pump.

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

sinizterguy you've hit the nail on the head there.

Lord_A veggie oil fuel is a seriously good form of recycling.you use it to cook food then you Re-use it again to power your car.everyone gets fed and gets home. :thumb:

2. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Indeed.

This just proves how goverments are all a bunch of dickheads.

There are fears of oil shortages, we have massive climate changes which are being blamed on polution etc. etc.

Yet there are better, more economical, cleaner and safer forms of fuel such as biodiesel out there (and this is not new btw - it's been around for a long time) but they stop people using it? It is so :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: frustrating :sigh:

3. Piratetaco

why do you think they stop it. all biodiesel is, is veggie oil. and you don't have to buy veggie oil a 89p a litre.

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

It's not just normal vegtable oil like you buy in a supermarket, it is refined so that does take the price up a little bit. But yeah the gov couldn't tax it as high as normal fuel.

5. Piratetaco

i know but that what it is in essence.

6. Saner

Saner New Member

1337modderman: try elephant.co.uk for your insurrance, and don't forget to try putting your parents on as named drivers to lower it a bit. But make sure the polcy is in your name, other wise you wnt build up your no claims bonus.
    And in regards to petrol, i own a 1.4 clio, and even i strain to keep her fueled up. The tax is way to high.

7. Renko

Renko New Member

Who are the government spies that agree with them taking 70%?

maybe you'd like to elaborate on why you agree?

8. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

The ones who agree are Atomic, babychaos, rK@NE

But Atomic seems to have voted for both of the choices.

9. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

EDIT: Ignore this post.

10. RTT

RTT #parp

Mhhh I'm not so convinced. Maybe it's just me... yes? :eyebrow:

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

It rings a bell with me, too :eyebrow:

12. The Bodger

The Bodger New Member

Not quite true... Electric cars have no extra fuel tax, and there are some small ones on the market already... Someone I know has a REVA, which was imported from India. Great for city use, but lousy for anything else. (50Mph max speed, only about 150 miles, 5 hours to recharge). But at least its cheap. I've also heard of someone who converted their mini to electric, and did much better - 75mph top speed, and about 200 miles between recharges. There is a company doing electric car conversions and selling new electric vehicles here. (UK)

13. The Bodger

The Bodger New Member

Incidentally, I would agree with the high levels of tax on petrol if there was a realistic alternative available. However, I remain opposed until either electric cars are of a similar cost to their petrol counterparts, (and have similar range) or fuel cell cars, or zinc - fuel cars become realisitc alternatives. The government is trying to encourage people to use alternative forms of transport which simply don't exist; the trains and buses are simply too unreliable, (and the trains are expensive too), so what else do they expect us to use?

Last edited: 18 Jun 2004
  14. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Someone converted a Porsche to electric and near matched original performance I think. Not too sure - so don't quote me or flame me. I am probably wrong.

15. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

TZERO to be honest ;)

16. Piratetaco

:eek: wow....

17. The Bodger

The Bodger New Member

Alternatively, for those who don't have quite enough cash to get a TZERO, but want a high performance electric vehicle, you could always get yourself the worlds fastest electric milkfloat.

Seriously, I like the TZERO, but it lacks the practicality and boot space I need, (for my computer) and I don't think it has enough ground clearance to get over all the ****** speed bumps that Leeds city council seem to be stuffing all over the place. Then there is the small cash issue involved... :sigh: I suppose that I can always dream.

18. k3nn

k3nn New Member

i just passed my test today, yay, and im already pissed off at the price of fuel, and i drive a 1.1 fiesta! as to waythe car major car companies dont build electric cars, they make far to much money from there shares in the oil industry, so its only sensible business practice on there part, but there still a bunch of right *&%$ tards.
    As for people complaining about the bus services, theres a bus every hour where I live and it takes a good hour or so to get to edinburgh which is only 15 miles!

19. Piratetaco

nice one on the test :thumb:
    i know.the gov are trying to get us on to public transport.but it sucks and unless it stops stinking of piss i'm driving.

20. Piratetaco

i thought this was relevant,its about tax on Lpg
    our government takes the piss