1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uk or usa

Discussion in 'General' started by flibble666, 1 Jun 2002.

1. flibble666

flibble666 sorry i am dyslexic

ya kan tell wen there from the us wen thay say thay love bt(bit-tech) but us UKers hate bt(fone people) dont we?

2. brutal

brutal What's a Dremel?

hey we hate our phone companies too, but why you got to bring those negative thoughts into here man.

3. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

He's just making an observation, i think. And in all fairness, BritishTelecom do suck, big time. After having a monopoly on the market for so long, and they still cant give decent customer service.:eyebrow:

4. Lag Messiah

Lag Messiah What's a Dremel?

yah it's pretty crap here. Verizon has the monoply, and like most monoplies, it's crappy service at high prices.

5. flibble666

thanx bradford010
    my observation about BT is that down here in the south we dont even have ADSL all 512k of it
    the usa has access wide access to cable.dsl,T3
    we have 56K and if u have dsl its a tad on the high side:cries:

6. :: Dugy ::

:: Dugy :: Turkey

arnt all local calls in the US free though ? see u dont have it too bad ;)

7. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

umm where i live in the USA high speed net is CRAP. verizon dont care and they only supply to smaller local guys who resell it and then half the town dont even have DSL and some spots in town dont so if you were to put it on a map it would look like swiss cheese. Now the cable company ios being nice and supplying some areas with cable but...... they are 5 weeks behind and still making excuses. so im stuck with AOL and 56k i never connect over or 26.4 and all my setting are right. oh yeah and my average download is bout 1.7 kbps

8. flibble666

as Dougie ses toll free we get 0800 net access but have 2 pay for that per mounth about £14+ for good access and your pngs v.s. our pings
    dont evenget me started:cries:

9. brutal

brutal What's a Dremel?

if i drive 15miles due east of me I cross 3 area codes. We pay a flat rate for local service so its not free its just pretty cheap ~ $15 a month

10. flibble666

well thats aboot the same as us(uk'ers)

11. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

[rant]IM in a less populated area in canada. mY areacode has 30 or 40 cities/villages in it. Long distance is anything ove 40 Km away. Flat phone fees for local calls, all local calls included with basic service. Broadband sucks on my cable, keeps dropping, and the transfer rate goes up and down like a yo yo. Sadly this cable complany is locked in in my area, so I have to live with it.
    [/rant]
    Everybody has some sort of crappy service, and complains about it. The moral of this story, Although the grass looks greener on the other side, it is probably just as dead as the suff you are standing on. Get over it. you are better off where you are.

12. flibble666

well stan i think we all learnt a leson here to day aboot web acces fast or slow soled of Cr*ppy allways on or allways off the japs will always have it better.............and er u finsh it

13. dwace

dwace What's a Dremel?

Connection is acutually pretty good.

Over all, the "States" has the best telecom connection in the world. Most places won't see Fiber Ops or GBIC for awhile. Although I don't have fast access line at my apartment. Who needs one when you spend half your life at work playing with millions of dollars worth in hardware.:D :)

Last edited: 4 Jun 2002
  14. flibble666

well i gess some peeps are just luky or maby you worked for it

15. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

Re: Connection is acutually pretty good.

I wouldn't say that America have the best, I'd probably say somwhere like Sweeden, I have a few relatives over ther with 10Mbit lines and they pay peanuts for it..

Broadband in the States seems too fragmented, the coverage isn't what it could be but then look at the f00king size of the country and it's kinda understandable :D

16. flibble666

er am i thik or smin any won hered of japan who had dsl around 4 years+ agoo and now work of t3+ about 40Mbit there fu***ng mobile fones called i-mode run @ 1MBit they can get full movies http://www.i-mode.co.jp on them (there fones a raster than or modems makw=es ya sik dun in)

and ull need to speak/read japanise to view that site o0r convert it

Last edited: 7 Jun 2002
  17. K

K 528491

gunguy, your posts make my head hurrrrrrrt... :eyebrow:

Oh well.

"I lub j00 ntl!!1 yuo r teh bset!!!1"

Anyhoo, I think Sweden is the best connected country around. Japan isn't that great, it's only in the big cities where they'll get the decent services. When the 3G Mobile Technology was released it was only available in Tokyo for a good 6 months I think.

18. flibble666

3 words popcorn kettle black

Last edited: 8 Jun 2002
  19. Ataraxia

Ataraxia <b>OOH BABY!!!</b>

[​IMG]

*distant siren*

20. flibble666

cant reaky hepl it if i am dislexick ;)