1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK: Series of Explosions throughout London

Discussion in 'General' started by PaulW, 7 Jul 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Well I must say when I found out about the bombings I was saddened very much. My parents asked what was wrong and I told them that I had good friends over in London. I hope all of BT is okay. Nobody deserves this action. Especially Brits! What did you ever do eh?

I hope we find everyone on Bit-tech safe and sound.

2. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

They partnered with us in the belief that people's fate shouldn't be controlled by religious zealots or malevalent dictators.

3. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

From ananova:

"Blood-soaked parking attendant Ade Soji, 35, of Dagenham, Essex, said he had to run for his life after the bus exploded.

He said: "I was helping a member of the public with directions when the bus stopped and the driver asked me the name of the street. I told him Tavistock Square and he called me over.

"Just as I was about to go, I heard the bus explode."

Don't you think it's a little odd that a bus driver would be asking someone what road they were in?

4. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Wow, that's seriously messed up

5. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Definitely peculiar...

6. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Well, BBC news report just confirmed 33 dead, and 400 injured, but they are expicting more dead.

It's sad when people feel the need to kill others to make a point, or just becuase they do not agree with someones way of life.

7. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

New AV for you guys. :thumb:

8. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

Very very odd. :eyebrow:

9. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's a bit odd, but I would think that it would be even less likely for a trained terrorist to not know where they were going.

10. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

That's what I meant, thanks for clearing that up for me :: Phat ::.
    The whole thing makes me sick and I hope they catch the people behind this, they've gone too far this time.
    I'll have to admit, the emergency services have handled the situation well, I suppose they have been expecting a terrorist attack for some time.
    My condolences go out to everyone effected by this incident.

-Liam Hall

Last edited: 7 Jul 2005
  11. I really hope nothing on the scale of 9/11 happens, which sadly I must say is a likely event with these sick "islamic" extremeists. real followers of islam wouldn't do such sick acts so I have to type it like that ("")

All my condolances to everyone affected by these disgusting and mercyless atrocities.

Luckily all my friends and family are OK, I can only hope your friends and family OK too.

.:Charles Oliver:.

12. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

a mate in birmingham told me he heard of a controlled explosion in coventry any truth in this?

13. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

There have been several controlled explosions, yes.

I'd say there isn't much of a difference in my mind. I felt saddened and had I lived in New York at the time of the September 11th bombings then I would definitely have felt angry that someone thought that they could come into my city and murder innocent people. I feel just as saddened and very angry now that some idiotic islamic group has decided that the general public deserve to die for no apparent reason. They all deserve to be shot.

14. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Terrible, but not entirely unexpected. My thoughts go to the victims and their families. My mum was in those parts of London yesterday, scary.

I hope we've all enjoyed our civil liberties, cos this'll be the end of them once clarke gets going...<sarcasm>Just think, if only we'd had ID cards none of this woulda happened </sarcasm>

Sam

15. sicone

sicone What's a Dremel?

The buses were already running a train replacement service (at the time noone knew the trains had been bombed, just that everyone was being evacuated). It was more than likely a route the driver had never done before

16. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

unfortunaly the government will use this as an excuse to push the ID cards through quickly. Hopefully the opposition parties will do somthing to slow the process and iron out the problems with it.

Im very niffed at the moment however it was going to happen sooner or later.
    My condolences go to everyone affected by this, I immediatly texted my flat mate who lives in london and thankfully hes fine and dandy.
    Im also just ticked off that it affected my welding for the rest of the day, i was doing some lovely ones untill i knew about the bombing.

17. fev

fev Industry Fallout

BBC has now got two mirrors running, load is still 45% but you should all get the video.

18. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Not likely. It'll be the old "you're against ID cards? terrorist supporter!" that they wheeled out in the states to pass PATRIOT, etc. :(

Our own leaders will do more to wreck our way of life than these despicable terrorists will ever manage---perhaps thats the point?

Sam

19. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

this makes me very angry. my heart goes out to all bit-techers, their familys, and anyone else who may be affected. im angry because how can people do this to other people, pure evil. the only thing we can do is continue to hunt down the al qaudea(sp?) and get them. anyone else on here who is christian can join in prayer with me.

20. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

Less then 2 hours to go, cant say I'm looking forward to this.

Briefing is at 17:45, so find out EXACTLY whats going including the stuff they aint telling civies!

Hang in there guys, I'll be about. catch you all later when I get a chance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.