1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK: Series of Explosions throughout London

Discussion in 'General' started by PaulW, 7 Jul 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Ain't that a motto...

2. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

no lol, I live in kirton in lindsey about 15 miles away from s********horpe in the oposite direction to where the polution goes and i't very nice here :)

my gf lives between st. albans and watford

I rearly do hope i can see her :sigh:

3. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

I was in london last week at college and Edgware is the station I use to commute there. If I was at college this week, I would have been on that exact train and died! dun dun duuuuunnnnn.

Let's hope they catch the b****rds that did this!

4. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:( aww

lol just i live nearish stevenage

5. dom_

dom_ --->

you will be able to see her, only central london is effected.

6. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

Got a text from a mate to say the Police did a controlled explosion aboard a bus on Princes Street in Edinburgh this evening. Said he'd been asked to leave the shop by the back door to avoid the going near the bus.

7. Risky

Risky Modder

We
    Well a nasty day getting from London Bridge to Canary Wharf an dback. 2hrs each way by car.

We have to expect this but it doesn;t make me any less angry. Or resolute in believing that we must stay the course in Afganistan and Iraq.

8. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

:confused:

9. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Ok guys i dont know if this is right but an 0870 number is charged expensively isnt it? ( think i saw it in a thread above) and the emergency helpline that has been given out to avoid 999 jamming starts with 0870...if this is right and theyre making money then this is a disgrace.

Ice

10. dom_

dom_ --->

rofl calm down, its charged at local rate

edit: it couldnt be an 0800 as the sheer cost of running it due to the high volume of idiots calling (e.g. my best friends, uncles, dog lives near london is it dead?)

11. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Crazy!!!!!!! hopefully just a harmless package left by a passenger. Last thing we need is extremists copycating acts across the UK.

My thoughts are with the people of London who are affected by this cowardly act.

12. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

Luckily i don't work in central london. The bloke who sits behind me at work came in very shaken up this morning, he was in the area as the attacks started happening but managed to get on a train out of london and so got to work.

I'm just hoping no-one i know was caught up in this (I know lots of people who travel into London through the area affected).

My thoughts are with all those who have been affected by todays terrible events.

RIP to those who lost their lives so needlessly, and i hope all those injured have a speedy and full recovery.

May those responsible be caught and punished, and have the burdon of those lives they took bearing down on them for eternity.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2005
  13. dom_

dom_ --->

oh and as for panic, same thing happened in croydon as did in edinburgh, they closed the train station etc

14. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

whoever it was that said this was so out of the blue and unexpected must have been living under a rock for the last 4 years lol

15. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Yes lol?
    Sorry, but wtf. Do you expect this everyday? No.
    Well then.

16. MaplinMan

erm yeh? what you think im just gonna expect it one day and then just forget about it?

the cops, gov, terrorists, etc been saying its not a matter of IF but WHEN, and every other day they are foiling bad guys like scooby doo and then eventually when they get away with one everyone is like OMG! they hate us!!!

17. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

So i guess you Uker's get a taste of what us Americans felt. Shame it had to happen. I just hope no one twists this attack around to say "OMG it happened because we backed the USA". I also hope that the rest of Europe wakes up and realizes that we are in this together. They don't care who you are. As long as you aren't them [hell you can even be them and they still wont care] they will hate you and try to kill you.

18. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

And how do you expect people to react?

Like this? : "Oh well, it was going to happen anyway, no loss"
    Or like this? : "Oh my god, those ******s, I hate them"

Stop being a dick, and understand that people leading an everyday life, do not expect to wake up having London bombed on TV.

19. MaplinMan

i think it happened because we backed the usa. (since afghanistan, not just now with iraq)

i think if we didnt back the usa then it wouldnt have happened.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I hope you wake up and realise that we really don't need another "Either you're with us, or against us", militant, narrowminded polarising rant right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.