1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple UK website for iMac prices?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cool_dude, 9 Dec 2019.

1. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

As title really. Looking for a new imac and I am completely out of sync with regards to what was the top model, what was standard especially when I am looking at iMacs from 2015 on ebay/refurbished sites.

I was just wondering if there is a good website which can give me a rough true value? I'm that lost that probably someone could add on £300 extra to one and I wouldn't know if it was good value or a complete rip off.

I'm more leaning to the refurbished as they have a 1 year warranty but again, don't want to be ripped off!

Anything that I could use as a reliable, reasonable baseline and go from there?

thanks all

2. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

An example, brand new £1,750 for
    • 3.0GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
    • 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
    • Radeon Pro 570X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
    • 1TB Fusion Drive storage
    A 2012 iMac (not even 5K?) for £845
    • Model: iMac 27-inch
    • Condition: Good
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 3.4GHz
    • Memory: 24GB RAM
    • Storage: 500GB SSD
    • Graphics Card: Nvidia 2048MB
    • Year: Late 2012
    Just me or is that still too rich for a machine that is 7 years old?

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Apple products hold value more than most so yeah it is too much but probably what you'll have to pay haha.

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Either get a vanilla Hackintosh or, better yet, get anything other than a Mac.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

For reasons unknown Apple computers retain value absurdly well. Sandy Bridge iMacs being sold for £400-500 is normal, Haswell ones go for £750+ and £1500+ for anything the last few processor generations.

If you're just looking for an all in one PC there are lots of Dell and HP systems available for less money for equivalent specs, but if you're specifically after a Mac they are going to be quite expensive.

6. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

2012 imacs are right on the thin end of support for future IOS upgrades surely?