1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks UK2.net

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The1, 23 Jan 2002.

1. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

Never Never Never Never Never get web hosting from UK2.net, it was one of the biggest mistakes ive ever made.

2. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

Please ellaborate - I've not used them but I've only ever heard good things said about them in the past, I'm interested now...

3. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

aren't they the ppl who sell you a domain cheaply but then put ads all over the place
    and charge you extra to get rid of them? (when you add that its more than a decent ordinary domain host)

4. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

Well i have my domain and hosting with them. I ve been waiting for cgi and php etc from them for ages they keep saying next month and have done so for about 6 months. They do charge you extra for ad removal and that. Also they are planning to charge extra for cgi and php etc. But what finally pissed me off is that you have to pay for DNS management so i cant even move my domain to a web host with cgi etc without having to pay them more. At the start it looks like a good deal but after a while to upgrade it ends up costing you loads, oh yeah they also charged me money to get an extra 100 email addresses rather then the deafault 1.

5. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

that is pretty crap !

you can move the domain to a new ISP quite easily if it's gTLD, like a .com .org .net .info or .biz

if you've got a UK domin, such as .co.uk or .org.uk - you can email nominet, ( nominet@nominet.org.uk ) and ask them to intervene. UK2 may not be to switch the ISP-tag of the domain though, and i don't think nominet can force them (otherwise people who owned a domain through freenetname.co.uk could have just taken away the domain for nothing) and so you might have to pay a small charge.

on the webhosting front....I plan to start my own small Hosting service in a month or so....and with any luck i'll be able offer quite a few people hi-speed dirt cheap hosting :) [just can't use tooo much bandwidth]

6. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

i think its an IPStag btw :p

get your domain transfered somewhere decent - i found freeparking.co.uk are good, including free dns zone management thru control panel

alternativly 34sp do domains... but no fancy control panel from them... but equivalent prices and friendly company directors :p

Tags: