1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umm, strange bumps?

Discussion in 'General' started by Malvolio, 27 Feb 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I'm not quite sure if this warrents a visit to the doctor, and would prefer not to waste my time and money doing so. As such, I've decided to exploit the group intelligence here at bit-tech to help possably diagnose what the weird bumps on my legs are! Wee! Isn't this fun?

Anyway, to the point: I'm somewhat fit, but of flab here and there at 185lbs, but my legs are rock hard. Now, I've just come back from a bike ride, and I noticed that there are these weird, fleshy, somewhat squishy bumps on the front center of my calves, right ontop of the bone almost. I knew these wern't there before. I wouldn't normally be concerned about such things, but they're really ichy, and it's driving me nuts. The bumps are starting to go down - slowly; but I'm still slightly concerned as to what they were.

Any ideas?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Did you brush past any plants? It sounds like you've been stung by some kind of plant like a Nettle.

3. DivineSin

DivineSin New Member

Are they in a circle? or any kind of pattern? It could be some kind of bug or spider bite. If you wear tight spandex or something of the sort while your riding your bike you might of just gotten irritated from the fabric rubbing against your skin. Anything else..if they dont go away see a doctor, if they go away and dont come back, dont worry about it.

4. Malvolio

Malvolio .

No, couldn't have been a bug. It's still just barely above freezing out there, and I was wearing a pare of camo bell-bottom pants while riding.

Pattern? Umm, on the left leg it's sort of a long straight about 2" by 2/3" with two or three sparse 1/2" round bumps around the same area. On the right, it's about 7-8 of the 1/2" round bumps scattered in a medium density pattern.

5. Joel

Joel New Member

Nettle rash... 99% certain

6. Malvolio

Malvolio .

How do nettle's get through heavy denim that's tucked into my socks :confused: Anyway, they're gone now, so no worries. Still itchs a bit though...

7. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg New Member

Can you post a picture?

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Currently Rebuilding

Sounds like a heat rash. Happens when sweat glands empty into the skin instead of out of it... I used to get it when riding occasionally, if I did 20 miles or more...

9. vetlel

vetlel New Member

A girlfriend of long ago had something similar, iirc it was an irritation/infection of the membrane covering the bone. Hers always played up after playing (field)hockey. I think i can recall that there was actually nothing you can do about it.

Except for not excersizing, which she happily did. (MAN!!! did she grow!!!!)

10. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

LoL, so how'd the squishy calf bumps turn out?

This thread is *almost* as gross as the one which led me to google-imaging "snooker cue". Well that thread wasn't gross, but you'll see what I mean if you do the google-image search as I unfortunately did.

Sorry that for reopening the thread. It was linked to in a rant by someone, and I am curious about your final diagnosis.

11. PA!N

PA!N New Member

That is major gross :sigh:
    How the hell can something like that happen?

12. woof82

woof82 New Member

We demand photographs !

13. Stuey

LoL, it was a year ago; it probably (hopefully) passed.

14. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Malf, how did this turn out? About a month ago this happened to me for a bit while I was home from uni, I decided in the end that it was something to do with the way my mum was washing my clothes (specific washing powder or something) because it seemed like the rash type thing was restricted to one area of the body restricted to an item of clothing (e.g. the area covered by a sock). The rash I had sounds remarkably like what you had, that is, closely spaced bumps that itched like mad and looked like nettle stings.

AH

Edit: The area INTENDED to be covered by a sock, you filthy *******s ;)

15. bloodcar

bloodcar Active Member

Was it a **** sock? That's intended to cover up a certain area.

16. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

I'm going to have to kill you now, right after I gouge out my eyes and rinse the sockets with bleach. :grr:

17. cpu121

cpu121 New Member

I used to have similar irritations on my skin but they seemed to have gone away now. The best way I found to soothe them was to apply some Caladryl Lotion (unfortunately they no longer make it here apparently).

BTW for these types of problems, your local chemist should be qualified to recommend something to help, so you don't necessarily need to visit your doctor.

18. Stuey

LoL, I warned you, and so did PA!N! Don't blame me, blame your curiosity!! I think I ended up doing that google search b/c of a discussion in this forum somewhere.

19. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Member

I had bumps once but i put cream on them but not like cream for coffee type cream lol it was a different kind of cream for a bumps then they went away

20. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

You probably got stung by a plant or bug. Or maybe a rash of some sort. I wouldn't worry about it , except if it dosn't change/heal in a week.
    L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.