1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors umm you might want to check this video out

Discussion in 'General' started by godspeed, 10 Aug 2004.

1. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

dude is that the mustang which is more square-looking, thats my fav mustang too lol

and yeh man i believe what youre saying

2. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

well i was dubious about that 0-60 claim but then i found this . I still dont like muscle cars but if thats true its pretty amazing

3. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

You may not like musclecars and thats your choice. I personaly love big engines and big bodies. I like boxy cars and I do like when the car has 20% more tourque than hp. But thats all personal preferance and it was wrong tfor me to say otherwise. But the thing that fires me up is when ppl bash the corvette. The corvette and mustang have always been the working mans sport car. They are not meant to be exotics but some of them actulay perform like exotics. But thats another argument on its own.

Anyways to each his own huh?

4. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

I know that thats why im expressing it as an oppinion whilst also saying im impressed instead of just bashing them, im a technology fan so im more keen on Jap cars, i dont know why im just drawn to them. I respect muscle cars I just dont like the way they look.

5. jaguarking11

Sorry dude. I dint realize. Yeh they have the boxy mustangs with 5.0L and the newer one b4 the milenium one. Till about 95 they were runing 5.0s
    They also have 10L bos mustang that puts out 1000hp with mild supercharging. And also google superstalion. Its a prototype stang with about 1000hp and its enviromentaly friendly. they way it was tuned it worked better and made more hp when burning alcohol.

6. h_2_o

h_2_o What's a Dremel?

I live about 15 miles from Lingenfelter and what they say is true, 1.9. However neither of the vette's in that little movie i doubt had anything made my lingenfelter. they are truely one of the best shops around.

7. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

McLaren F1 speed record...

The McLaren is an awesome car. as good as you can get with the best petrol engine ever designed. The tires on the speed test almost exploded and that was on an almost straight, banked race track. Muscle cars have amazin power but the fact is, you put them up against a car like a jap machine it'll kick with the same power..... weight means inertia which means *CRASH!!!*

oh....and some bits of the vid were sooo speeded up and learn to powerslide properly!

Sorry for the flame but had to get it outta my system :sigh:

Scotty

8. jaguarking11

Sorry to burst your buble bud, but the whole stereotypical thing about muscle cars being overweight is absolutly untrue. The modern day muscle cars are as light and or lighter than the japan counterparts. For example a typical rice burner civic weighs in at about 3200Lb, but so does a vette. A vette has about 400hp and a civic has about 130hp? Or in the contrast a mustang weighs in a lil over 3000Lb and a skyline weighs in 3500 at the same hp mark?

Dont stereotype muscle cars, I am not saying they are the best on the planet but they are no slouches.

9. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

remember physics class? if you have a ****ing huge amount of weight at the front of something (say a car) and you try to turn it from the front.the laws of physics say NO.the big fat piece of metal wants to keep going forward and it will.

and remember Blamange does NOT make a good subitute for suspension.

10. BvBart

BvBart What's a Dremel?

Despite what video games teach us. ^_^

11. penski

penski BodMod

You're making things up again...

Civic:
    Curb Weight : 2654 lbs (source)

Corvette:
    Curb Weight : 3214 lbs (source)

This is a very bad habit you have...you may be able to make things up off the top of your head when face to face with someone who may believe you but when you're on the internet with a lot of sceptical people...google is just a click away.

The corvette also has 350bhp not 400. (source)

The Civic has 200bhp not 130. (source)

Right, so your bull**** figures are:

Civic: 130bhp and 3200lb
    Corvette: 400bhp and 3200lb

Reality says:

Civic: 200bhp and 2654lb
    Corvette: 350bhp and 3214lb

You don't do yourself any favours...This (along with your 'Audis had 5 litre engines' spiel) certainly means that I and a lot of other people will take anything you say with a VERY large pinch of salt.

*n

Last edited: 11 Sep 2004
  12. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Penski not to be an ass, but the 2005 corvette has a 400 HP, 400 Tq, 6.0V8. Curb weight will vary a bit with options but is about 3245 lbs. When the Z06 version of the corvette comes back, it will have an estimated 500hp, better suspension, and a price tag that puts it out of my budget :D

oh yea some specs to back me up: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2005/specs.shtml

13. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

thanks froggy

hmmm no where ****ing near the 40mpg the civic does.

EDIT:how can you call something a with leaf springs a sports car.

leaf springs ha

Last edited: 11 Sep 2004
  14. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

This also from the same site:

Vehicle, HP, MPG comb, Smog Index.

C6 Corvette 400 22.6 9,040

Porsche 911 GT2 477 18.2 8,681

Porsche Turbo 444 18.2 8,081

Dodge Viper 500 15.5 7,750

Porsche 911 340 20.6 7004

Ferrari 575 Maranello 515 12.7 6,541

Ferrari Modena 400 12.7 5,080

"The bottom line? The LS2 gives Corvette power in the range of exotic cars that cost tens of thousands more, combined with fuel efficiency better than some family sedans."

15. penski

penski BodMod

I took the 2004 years on both cars. To do otherwise would be unfair.

I see a lot of (US) sites giving results like '400 Torque' (as you have just now)...

400 what?! lb/ft? n/m^2?

Its like saying "I'm 19 high." There is no unit of measurement called 'a torque'. Its not like saying '200bhp'.

*n

16. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

haha im 22 high... you midget

17. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

The common measure of torque is in lb/ft. i cant recall ever seeing it as n/m^2 anywhere. And im 23.2 high.

18. jaguarking11

They do have rally tupes of audi that were in the dimensions of 5L, Reserch some 1980's and 70's rally audi. But I can show you rite now a 6L audi. Here

The older civic sedans that most people tend to rice around in the US dont even have 160hp Let along 200bhp. They do weigh in as mutch as a vertte due to them being turd buckets with 4 doors and lil kids with heavy foots and extremly large muflers make noise in them.

EDIT: Also note that the 2k5 Vette is on sale in the US now it has been since mid sumer. so technicaly you can compare to other cars.

19. jaguarking11

Here is the sivic SI and you can clearly see 160HP.

20. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

That Civic Type-R is not a production model here in the USA. $10 says its because it will not be street legal.

Tags: