1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Underclocking an nVidia 250GTS GPU

Discussion in 'Software' started by REDDEVIL-UK1, 13 Oct 2012.

1. REDDEVIL-UK1

REDDEVIL-UK1 MUFC

Hi is it possible to underclock a nividia 250 gts using EVGA Precision software in order to lower the temps of my card? (my main aim is to have the temps as low as possible but not to have it sounding like a wind turbine) I'm not using it for gaming just normal usage and media (t.v, music etc)

Thanks in advance :thumb:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

You can. But my software, Nv GPU Pro, does a better job :)

Why my software is better? It's automated.

Let me explain.
    My software control your GPU performance based on what you run. By default it works with 2 profiles: Power Saver (your GPU minimum clock possible), and High Performance (normal clock). You can create additional profiles (unlimited amount), like your own overclock profile or how about a medium performance one, or even higher overclock profile.

These profiles can be modify to your own taste. So if Power Saver doesn't give you a smooth Windows experience, you can easily clock it faster until you balance out low performance for low heat, and smooth experience. On many GPUs, this isn't a problem, but just like to mention that. Usually on most GPUs Windows experience is still smooth when the GPU is at minimum clock.

So how do it work automatically?
    It uses a community supported catalog of games & applications to know. Every game or program you add, are shared with everyone using the program, and vice versa. This means you can have your GPU at minimum performance at all times, but when you open, let's say Minecraft, you can have your GPU go at normal performance so that the game is playable. The switch is automatic. You don't do anything.
    Lets say you want to play Crysis on that GPU, well you definitely would need to overclock it. Well once you have your profile ready, you simply click on the Crysis game in the catalog, and set which profile you want it to use (default for all games using the GPU is High Performance), in this case your overclock profile.

So at the end of the day, if you are the first one using Nv GPU Pro, and playing a specif game that needs GPU power, you just need to add it, but else than that, you don't need to do anything, all automated for you.

You just sit tight, and enjoy your compy. The best part is that my software is non intrusive. No pop-ups, no UAC elevation needed to run, GPU overheating? No problem! My software detects that, and will automatically take care of everything before it even becomes a problem, and crashes your computer. And the entire program fits the feel of Windows, so that its easy to use, and easy to find things.

My software has loads of other cool features too.

Here is some more information about here on this forum: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=238513
    Here is the official site: http://www.nvgpupro.com

I hope you give it a spin, I think you'll like it. Because your reason for down-clocking is the same for mine on my laptop. Plus I more battery life out of my system.

Last edited: 14 Oct 2012
  3. GoodBytes

In the case you don't care about any of this.

Simply, install EVGA Precision, and run it.
    Once it's open, simply set the frequencies for the core, memory and shader clock to minimum.

4. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

This.

Fantastic advice as always GoodBytes!

5. Deders

Deders Modder

I would have thought nvgpupro would be perfect for this kind of situation

6. GoodBytes

It is, hence my first post. But I need to offer an alternative solution to be fair. I am advertising my own program. I am being helpful, but not an advertisement machine. His needs is one of the reason I even made my software in the first place. So you can't ask for something better.

But, if he wants to always pop-up EVGA precision to adjust the speed manually, or remember keyboard shortcuts in the hope that the selected one don't conflict with another software, than well, that's what he would prefer.

7. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I have been testing GoodBytes software for a couple of months now and it works well, I have ran in to a few small issues but he has addressed them really fast. I would give this post a +1 also.