1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uni students + halls + fire alarms

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 9 Dec 2004.

1. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

only had one so far in my halls (Southampton Uni/SouthHill) and it was a drill, but they were nice enough to make it at SEVEN IN THE FUNKING MORNING. Someone set off the fire alarm in Chamberlain (the big hall next to ours) for a laugh, that was pretty rubbish. anyway yeah, guess i'm pretty lucky.

AH

2. jonesie

jonesie New Member

"...in the event of a fire, please leave the building immediately. Do not use the lifts. Do not run. Do not stop to collect personal belongings or post on bit-tech..."

:)

3. Stu

Stu New Member

/slaps Judy Ryder about abit with a large broken heat sensor

:grr:

4. RTT

RTT #parp

Heh
    :D

(our halls manager)

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

It's even more fun when they set off the fire alarm in one of the 16 story towers here :hehe:

6. RTT

RTT #parp

Guess where i've been twice this night/morning....

at least it isn't so cold this time though

7. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

We've had one fire drill this term, at twenty to seven on a monday morning. Nice :grr: it almost started a riot, everbody was so pissed off. It was funny when this girl came legging it out to the carpark wearing only a towel, swearing at the wardens who'd decided it was a good idea to have the drill then.

We've also had a couple of fires though...this Polish girl called Sabine who lives upstairs managed to forget she'd put some burgers in the grill, and ended up setting the whole cooker on fire :duh:

8. Soulfly22583

Soulfly22583 New Member

My ex-gf was going to California State University Long Beach a few years back and was always having to go outside cause some dumbass tripped the alarm. Half of the time they were pulling the alarms on purpose cause it was funny. I often got phone calls at 3AM from a very pissed off gf

9. Paolo

Paolo New Member

Ahh, thank god I didnt move out this year, getting a flat with the lads next year I think, rock on the beer fridge/bath/sink/bucket!

What Uni you at Aa-Chan, doing Comp Sci at Glasgow Uni the now, el exams soon! meh!

Cheers,
    Paolo

10. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

The halls down the road have them all the time, at like 6am. Being in a shared house, i have no such worries :D

11. RTT

RTT #parp

Wahey, and another fire alarm :duh:

12. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

omg.....areyou guys serious I never thought fire alarms even went off that often in my school here right now (im form 6) we have a fire alarm I guess at the very most 3 times a year, it's good coz you get severely punished if you set it off, firetrucks are automatically sent here i guess... :wallbash:

EDIT: but then you guys are in UNI and these alarms seem to be set off in what must be ridiculously stupid hours I mean who's up at 3am making burgers :eyebrow: ... oh well we actually want more fire alarms going off, means we get to miss lessons :rolleyes: I have 4 out of 5 lessons free on my friday week 1 schedule :rolleyes:

13. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

lol...were ether getting home from being out on the t00n or just hungry cos weve been up all night doing stuff.
    The firealarms in our halls are heat sensitive but not smoke so you can burn all you like as long as it dosent get too hot...the other stupid thing is that theyve now just finished fitting alarmed cages to the "break glass" buttons.
    :wallbash: So now we have an alarm for setting off the fire alarm!!!

14. relix

relix Well-Known Member

The only time the fire alarm went off here was during an announced drill at 20h10 last week. It was announced that it would go off between 19h00 and 20h30, so we were all prepared, no persons in the shower or anything.

Next time the fire alarm goes off, I'm taking my shuttle with me though. It's small enough for that, and I won't loose 320gb of data in case the fire is close to my room and the firemen will fill it with water.

15. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

well this is the first weekend I've spent with my young lady that the bloody alarm hasn't gone off (University of Westminster, Harrow Campus)

16. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

worst fire alarm, was when i was in halls last year, we had a fire go off because someone had lit some paper, and it was a mates birthday, well was about 4 hours ago, and we had to carry him out. Problem was at 4am with too much alcohol in his system, he thought we were doing some really nasty prank, it took three of us just to hold him!

17. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

My boyfriend went to Uni in So'ton too, from what I can remember fire drills were a daily and nightly occurrence while he was in halls (2B Archers Road) :blah:

18. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

I get about 3 a week. Getting into a bit of a routine now.

fire alarm goes off -
    grap beer -
    walk outside -
    drink beer -
    arrange to drink more beer later -
    go back inside minus 2 frostbitten fingers -
    go to arranged event -
    drink beer -
    fire alarm goes off due to arranged event -
    repeat.....

19. rowpie

rowpie New Member

Boy am i glad i chose to stay at home for 3rd year, 2 years of firealarms at insane hours was plenty for me.

Best one was at 4am, some foreign students set the grill on fire and threw the contents into the bin which went on fire of course, my flat mate was the student warden for the evening, ran to the flat, put the bin out and took the bin out front of the building stoping the place from burning down.

Of course he got in to trouble later for breaking the rules regardless of the fact he just saved a flat form burning down.

The ones i hated were the wednesday tests at 1pm, the amount of times i got woken up by that one with a hangover and ran outside thinking it was real really is poor.

20. blknoel

blknoel New Member

Just got one a while ago :), and it was 5.30 am

Nothing special, but the girls and their sleeping outfits really made a wide speatrum :), ranging from...........

I forgot it all :D