1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Unigen's Superposition Benchmark pulled from Steam Greenlight

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 17 Jan 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

That's pretty poor principles if they allow other non game specific benchmark software.
    I may be inclined to let Resident Evil 6 off the hook (I assume it benches how well RE6 will run).

3. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

The issue is not with having a benchmark program on steam, as there are many of them, the problem is using Greenlight to get a benchmark on steam. Greenlight is focused on games and tools to assist the development of games, that's all.

There would be nothing stopping them going to Valve directly and asking for it to be added like other companies do. Greenlight is just one way of getting on Steam.

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Anything to stop them removing the word "benchmark" from the title, calling it an "interactive art/game/experience" or something and then resubmitting it to greenlight?

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Shame Steam's moderation team isn't so fussy when it comes to anything else Greenlight related. My god I wish it was gotten rid of.