1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Universal Car alarm

Discussion in 'General' started by profqwerty, 9 Oct 2008.

1. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

My car alarm is removing the car battery. Consider how many thieves are lugging around a charged car battery. In conjunction with this, and to make it impossible to carjack (if you were already considering or have done aftermarket bodywork), get bonnet pins with unique locks and keys; they won't be able to install another battery if they brought one. What it costs to you: $40 up to $80 for the locks and pins, a few hours of modification to the bonnet to accept the locking pins, one more key on your keychain, a cubic foot of space in your locker or residence for the battery.

Forget about wiring aftermarket alarm systems. They just f*ck up your car's control unit and electrical accessories. And I don't know about these wiring and ignition procedures since somebody smart enough to penetrate a vehicle's security is probably smart enough to know how to start it.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2008
  2. wordweb

wordweb What's a Dremel?

I feel this idea will work...

3. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Would the counsel leave it alone if it's already clamped :D

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Splatter the car upholstery with some pig's blood and leave some waste meat fermenting in the boot. It adds to the effect if you leave the tail of a jacket or so peek from under the boot lid.

It's a bit smelly and you'll have to cope with the flies, but trust me, no one will even touch your car. :p

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

bloody axe on the back seat aswell, and a note on the dash saying 'I am watching you, and you'll be my new play mate...'

6. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i would suggest against nexxo's plan, your car will likely still be there when you get back, but you might have trouble getting to it through all the crime scene tape and rubberneckers.

7. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

Slight variation on the theme, but if I'm leaving my car anywhere for an extended period of time I take the rotor arm out :D

8. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

http://www.repairconnector.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/25035/subcatid/0/id/324625

easy enough and if you add a small fused bypass you wont have to set your clock in your car every time and wont reset the ecu.

Cheep and easy.

BTW, remember if a thief wants something bad enough, they will take it. The newer mustangs have chiped keys...supposedly very safe, well to the average car thief who cuts and dices wires. Well thieves started towing/flatbeding cars away. Not only do they get to take the plates off so even cops cant check. But they look like normal everyday working stiffs. They even figured out the start procedure through odbII witch ford puts in place in case both keys are lost, so these thieves walk around with laptops and large diagnostics equipment.

A car alarm no matter how expensive will always be bypassed. I didn't even opt to put a car alarm on my car when I bought it, it will just be one more thing on the electrical system. I just opted for lojack. This way if it does get stolen then I can at least have some hope of recovering it. Although it still does not stop me from having nightmares of my car being stolen. :(

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Frames 0:50 to 1:05

That's an effective burglar alarm. :p

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

why is it production model 2CV's tend to bulk so easily, and bond can role that over and over, i guess Q can modifiy a car quicker than first thought!

11. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Please don't buy one of those cheapo steering locks... Waste of your money.

Get one of these instead:

Tags: