1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Universal charger for laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jake9891, 15 Aug 2009.

1. jake9891

jake9891 Loves Internet Shopping

I hope this is right category, if not then please feel free to move my thread :)

Like in the title, I am lookling for universal charger for laptops. Couple days ago, friend of mine gave me two laptops (HP Compaq 6720s and Toshiba L30 - 10W) with broken screens and some keys on the keyboard missing, but the main problem is that I don't have chargers for them. Instead of buying charger for each I would like to buy something like universal charger for various, major brands of laptops (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Acer. etc). It would also come useful in the future, because as a hobby and additional income I fix laptops and PCs for others. I browsed couple of websites, but have not found anything interesting. I would like to spend no more than £40 on charger itself. If you use universal charger on daily basis or have heard of some good ones, please let me know in this thread ;) waiting for your response, Jake

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

eBay would be my default choice tbh. Plenty of this kind of on there, usually pretty good if you pay right too. :)

3. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Trust do one that comes with interchangeable ends. The missus uses it between laptops, though since she has this ANNOYING habit of snapping the ends (since she never takes the charger out of the laptop), you'll want to watch that, though the techies at my local computer bits shop said if you email them and ask nicely, they send off spare ends to you. They also do one for in-car charging. Just a thought... :)

Will x

4. jake9891

jake9891 Loves Internet Shopping

nice thx for responses ;) I might have a look a Trust, some of them look pretty cool and have quite few interchangeable ends ;) Might even have a look to get one with in-car plug :) I'll let you know what I bought and maybe do short review with pics :) thx