1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Universe at War adds 360 v PC crossplay

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Jun 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. bowman

bowman Minimodder

I just want crossplay for COD4. The frustration and childish cursing of the Xbox gamers would be worth it all.

3. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

Can't you just plug in a USB mouse and keyboard in the 360 and use it? I don't see why they would not support that. I don't own a 360 though, but I know some games support it. In which case there is perfect balance.

4. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

There is no Mouse and Keyboard support in the Xbox360. Its a shame, really.
    I would absolutely LOVE to kick ass on CoD4 using my M+K.

Though, the gamepad/controller for the 360 is brilliant, how the HELL are Xbox360 players expected to win against PC players?
    ESPECIALLY in a RTS.
    'tis foolishness.

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

a keyboard works on the dashboard its handy for messages and subscription codes/prepaid codes

6. koola

koola Minimodder

The PC gamer is going to dominate, it's obvious. It's no contest when the controller is pitted against the most advanced controls currently used in gaming, the keyboard and mouse :lol:

7. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

I hope there's a way for people to turn that off when they play on the 360. Even a top console player probably couldn't beat a novice if it was a 360 vs. PC matchup.

8. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

A console vs pc on an RTS game will work better if the console version has a dedicated interface, I belive C&C 3 360 interface is totally different to the PC one and is designed for use with a gamepad and should balance the field out.

However there is a box of tricks on the market that does allow you to use a mouse and keyboard in a game on the 360

Kimbie

9. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I wonder if enough people actually bought this game on both platforms to actually make the cross platform play viable.

From what I recall, this game tanked. (No zoom out, with a claustrophobic view point 2 inches above the ground, and units that took up 1/3 of your screen). Then there was the need to PAY for MS LIVE Gold service on the PC if you wanted to play ranked games.

If you want a proper online RTS with a competitive edge (and isnt aimed at kiddie tactics), then go buy Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. Get the gold box with the original Supreme Commander in there so you can play all the factions. Online mode beats any RTS online Ive ever played. Just make sure you commit time to actually learning how to play it, rather than giving up because it looks difficult.

10. Tris

Tris What's a Dremel?

Console controls dont stand a chance against pc in most situations...plus for many games from my understanding its not even possible to do due to the differing game speeds (i seem to recall this coming up when UT3 cross platform was rumoured, that there was the insurmountable issue with the console version being "slowed down" to be playable).
    It would however be a good chuckle to shut up all the console gamers who say things like "its just as good when you get used to the controller". Some high sens twitch gaming would put them in their place :D

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Oh.. God, yes it would. I would cry with happiness if that was possible.

Mouse>analogue stick

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

All depends, even with a mouse and keyboard, a good gamer on a 360 would still whip my ass. It's not all about the control scheme you know, just 'cos you're using a mouse and keyboard doesn't mean you're instantly better than anyone on a console.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

destroying xbox kids > win 5000$

14. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

if i go around an corner and the gun is pointing at me yes i dead pc or console , but i seen and payed on the consoles and for of combats like trying to aim when you both just ran past each other pc user will win allways

15. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

> just 'cos you're using a mouse and keyboard doesn't mean you're instantly better than anyone on a console.

Yes.

Yes, it does.

16. rollo

rollo Modder

if you are a console only gamer then yes mouse and keyboard might not be best. But if you have played enough fps games. Precision aiming of mouse can never be beaten

17. zero0ne

zero0ne Minimodder

I really want to see some FPS in the future come out that allows a game mode where you can play cross platform like this, mainly so that the console geeks will shut the F up about thinking their controllers are better than a mouse and keyboard.

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

yes, I am

period

:D

EDIT: err, I completely misread and didn't notice you were actually quoting someone.

Tags: Add Tags