1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

University, things to take, and general advice

Discussion in 'General' started by The cheapskate, 22 Aug 2005.

1. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

a good pda is very useful, i just sit down the front and record the lecture on my xdaIIs. Does take up alot of space though as it uses .wav files but for £70 you can get a 2gb sd card on ebay now so....

plus if there is a wirless network you have msn and the internet for those lectures you don't need to pay attention in. or if you forget notes and need to look them up. :worried:

plus lots of caffine based products, you'll wonder where all the time goes as you'll be so busy (going out and washing/work/relaxing etc) just for the first term n e way, till you get used to life there.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2005
  2. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

And as the money will start to run out there are alternatives to beer. Cider is a majic thing that can make you have a very VERY cheap night as you wont be buying many drinks out in the clubs after a 3litre bottle of Frosty Jack (or equivalent).
    Having said that.....dont over do it. You might like the feeling but your liver and kidneys sure as hell dont like the workout.

3. olv

olv he's so bright

dramatic overreaction. i am looking forward to it i'm just not mentally prepared yet :)

4. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

I started on Saturday and so far Freshers week has been mad. I've met hundreds of people even though I'm not the most social of creatures. Be warned though staying out 'til 3AM or later every day of the week is serously shattering.

5. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

We're packing my stuff atm, scarey! Less than 48 hours to go :D

6. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Well thought id follow this thread up see how every ones been finding there first few weeks. Just winding down from my freashers 2 weeks, to say its been amazing would be understating it. To clear up some rumours on freashers weeks

1. Money flows like water

True I spent £200 alone in the past 2 weeks on drink

2. Imposable not to get laid in freashers

True :naughty:

3. Meet loads of people

True unless you stay in and even then you got your flat mates, I found most to be really friendly and wanting to meet new people.

How has every one else found freashers? What are your flat mates like?

7. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

Freshers was ok. Im staying at home so unfortunatly miss out on a lot off stuff.

But still meeting new people and having a natter is always good. Everyone is more open to talking, pity more people in everyday life arent like that, would make the days pass much quicker.

By the end of freshers I was just looking forward to starting the course, as there wasnt much else to do besides drink.