1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNknown processor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nukm69, 26 Dec 2005.

1. nukm69

nukm69 What's a Dremel?

HI all

I have a AMD sempron 2800 and a gigabyte "k8triton GA-k8u ULi M1689 motherboard." AT boot up I get a bios error " unknown amd processor "

Does anyone know what to do, IM going to flash the bios and if that dosent work then Ill update the bios.

Anyone whom could give me advice would be of great assistance.

Thanks in advance

2. Sgoaty

Sgoaty Minimodder

3. nukm69

nukm69 What's a Dremel?

Thanks man
    I dont know what revision it is because im at work, but i will use the link you gave. thanks for the quick response.

4. nukm69

nukm69 What's a Dremel?

OK i updated the bios and it recognized the processor, but the freezing was being caused by my old ram stick, apparently its not compatible with the motherboard, oh well i'll deal with 512mb of ram for now

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Something to look for is a line on screen that says "press F<X> to continue", when I made my NF7-S and Mobile Athlon rig I got that same message(roughly) and spent about 3 hours reseating things and re-fitting all my hardware, then I finally noticed that I could just press F9 and continue, it had no effect on the system whatsoever, the mobo just wanted to know what the CPU was, and was telling me it couldn't work it out :)

6. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

if you have a lpt printer connected, press print screen at the bios startup