1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" Help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Brassfinz, 15 Sep 2005.

1. Brassfinz

Brassfinz What's a Dremel?

Hey all. I've been getting the BSoD on power up. the error reads what you saw in the thread title. The only way I know of to fix it is to reformat entirely.

After I reformat, everything seems to run just fine, even through all of the reboots that I do when installing drivers and updates and whatnot. But then I power down for the night, and when I go to power up, I get the BSoD again. After that, no amount of bios tweaking or restarting will fix the problem. I have to reformat again!

I have no idea what could be causing this, or how to fix it (other than reformatting).

Please help me! I'm tired of reformatting every time I power up. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

What hard drive system? SATA can be a PITA on that board without the latest BIOS & drivers.

And your sigs too big, apart from not showing the useful info. :sigh:

3. vetlel

vetlel What's a Dremel?

Mmmmm, just went through this pain a few days ago...

1) If the drive is fat32, run a bootdisk with fdisk. Ok not...
    2) running ntfs or a (sata) raid, the easiest way is to get a old ide drive hooked up and install a windows on there (on that recognizes ntfs and the like) from that win installation run the various system tools to clean the drive...
    3) Don't even try running the partitionmagic bootdisks, they do more wrong then good...

Hope this helps

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Last edited: 15 Sep 2005
  5. Brassfinz

Brassfinz What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys. All that info helps a ton. :thumb:

6. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

If you boot to the windows CD, and go to the recovery console, and run chkdisk /R , it will repair the problem a good deal of the time. :)

Tags: