1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Impressions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Oct 2007.

1. Dracyr

Dracyr New Member

You can actually use more than those vehicles, by using cheat codes you can spawn the paladin,cicada,fury and one other (the necris tank, cant remember name).

2. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

oo, i like boobies :D

3. zabe

zabe Perfect in my imperfection

-nevermind this post, i can't erase it-

4. zabe

-same thing as above, something's wrong with my browser... sorry-

5. zabe

That is very true, I completely agree. Just notice, both NV/ATI hardware are getting more "general" shaders that work for everything from pixel shaders to geometry ones. The more "stream processors" the better. Same goes for Intel/AMD: the more cores, the better. Just by reading a little bit on the topic makes evident why massively multithreading is good. Still, there's always the old problem: communication between hw. Once we get the data lighting fastly processed in the cpu/gpu, we're wasting time into moving it from one place to another. Same chip hw sounds like a logical evolution, but more in the likes of AMD's fusion, since you can only get so complex in a piece of chip when combining cpu/gpu. You could put everything there, but then it'd be a huge chip and you'd end up with a similar problem: even if in the same chip, data would take too long to it's destination.

Personally, i'm more excited about IBM being able to slow light beams down and make light connections between different pieces of hw. And talking about that, I've always thought, if we can do optic fiber connections to transmit huge internet data, why on earth don't we put optic fiber cables in everything from cpu/ram/gpu and make them communicate with each other with data-made-light, as in the internet? Isn't it much faster???

Tags: Add Tags