1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Unreal Tourny 2004 demo released

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shadowspawn, 12 Feb 2004.

1. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Theres no need to be so rude. You could have simply asked him to resize them.

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Feb 2004
  2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dude calm down! :nono:

Melov - resize and jpg em! :grr:

3. Melov

Melov What's a Dremel?

They were close to 2MB total. removed non relevant retort. - Fly

4. Darv

Darv Bling!!

They are all 1.5mb + files actually. Whatever connection you have its gonna take a while to download them.

5. macroman

macroman The One

Mace - You have a valid point but there is no need to be rude in putting it across.

Melov - It is not connections that suck dick. There are rules, (which you read before posting), regarding suitable picture size. Not to mention courtesy to your fellow net users who may not have sucked enough dick to get a big fat pipe!

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

LOL! pwned.

http://www.bindibadgi.co.uk/NA/45k.jpg
    http://www.bindibadgi.co.uk/NA/452k.jpg

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

I had had enough of halo after 5 minutes of playing it... loller

8. RTT

RTT #parp

Well, im addicted. Bombing run & Onslaught are so, so good! *is off for another game*

9. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Bah, I much prefer the "old school" multiplayer of PainKiller :D

10. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

Okay, I played this at a 12 player LAN party this weekend... wow... fantastic... I love both Assault and Onslaught... I didn't really like the previous UT games, I didn't like the feel for some reason.... but this is fantastic... depending on how much it is, I may buy it (I just don't like the fact that all the Unreal games come out at a much higher price than other games... they're $115 (AUD) compared with $80 for a regular game).

11. relix

relix Minimodder

I've been playing it for quite a few days now and absolutely love it. I'm probably gonna buy it when it comes out :D.

How come it's so cheap in the UK though? 30 euro at MX2 (with shipping to Belgium), as opposed to 48 euro here in Belgium! I wonder how much the Special Edition will cost in the UK. Here in Belgium it'll cost 58 euro.

Edit: What version will MX2 sell? I want to buy the DVD version but it's nowhere mentioned. Play.com sells the DVD version but they don't ship to Belgium (for still unknown reasons, I once spammed them with questions about it, they never replied...).

Last edited: 22 Feb 2004
  12. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

thats hilarious :hehe:

13. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

Play are selling it for £17.99 on pre-order, will be purchasing very soon methinks
    'doc

14. batsman

batsman the quiet one

will second that, i pretty much hated halo from the moment i played it, UT2004 rock's, i think of it as battlefield but set in the future

15. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

I think of it as an uber arcadish battlefield based on purely imaginary and therefore unrealistic weaponry. I've tried the demo but it's not taken any time away from desert combat so far. I can't be bothered to play much of this game as long as there are good servers running DC.

16. K

K 528491

A good tactic is to plant grenades on the rear of your tank and drive it into their base near as many people vehicles as possible then get out of the tank and run off giggling to yourself. They think they get a free hijack and BOOM. Great stuff. Not really tactical, just funny :D

17. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Lol I love doing that

I really hate the bots though. They shouldn't be able to take your ammo, your health, your shields, your vehicles... IT PISSES ME OFF! You're just about to go and grab the raptor at the start, and you don't even have enough time to go and grab some weapons at the weapon locker before they go snatch it up and fly around like the n00bs they are... the only thing good about them is that the enemy bots are like aimbots, they play stupidly but man you better hope you don't get hit by one... Man, I really absolutely hate that.

Another thing with vehicles: Quite a few times I've been sitting in the big vehicle with the two weapons on the back, sitting near the tower in the middle of the only map on onslaught... Killin dudes left and right with the position 3 gunner gun (the one where you can hold the mouse to charge up, and zoom in/out then blast a raptor in one hit)... And then a stupid ass bot gets in and starts driving it off /me thinks there should be a command to keep bots from using the vehicles

18. Fronzel

Fronzel What's a Dremel?

You mean the bots play just like the *******s online?

19. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Yea, sometimes... there are so many noobs in games today it ruins them. They need anti-noob protection :eek:

20. timread

timread What's a Dremel?

I've tried UT2004 and to me it's a bit too 'arcadey', like UT2003 was. It's like they're still stuck on beating QIII Arena when most other games are moving in the opposite direction towards a but more realism, e.g. COD, Wolfenstein ET, Day of Defeat etc (LOL - these are all War Mods!)

Still I've only tried it a couple of times so I'll persist for you lot :thumb:

Tags: