1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Update#4 - CaseMod by Lehani - Watered Shadey

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Lehani, 24 Nov 2012.

?

What color shall the Aluminium parts be?

Poll closed 8 Dec 2012.
  1. White

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Beige

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Another Color

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A dark color? like black or dark grey.

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

UPDATE#4 with ALOT of pictures:)

well, since the money are a rare thing new a days :D it hasn't kept me from do a little modding.

i have order some new fans, and then i realized the 140 EK RAD with 2 or not even 1 fans could be there, those EK RAD are simply to thick :( bah.

i have been looking out to buy a thinner 140mm RAD or even a 120mm RAD. i am not sure what i do yet.

but i have been ordering the last sleeving i needed to finish the sleeving job:)
    i have done a small improvements overall, as you can see below on the pictures, i have put some of the cables as they should run, well only for 8-PIN power to Motherboard, and power for the GFX.

rest of the cables still needs a little work to be nice, and when i get the rest of my watercooling parts i can manage the rest of the cables.

i have moved the bracket for the SSD's be be in one of the 5.25 BAY so i have the space i need for the 200mm RAD.
    i have also sleeved the Temp sensor, and are about to drill the hole in the front for the temp.

at last i have throw on some of the sound mats, so the case will be more silent ;)

well have a look and enjoy.. ( I think the pictures quality is are getting better :), just need to learn to use my DLSR camera :) )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hoped you enjoy :)

2. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Ow, this looks nice! Is the red LED light coming from the ROG motherboard?

3. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

yes it is.. but i can turn it off in BIOS if i like.. but i think its nice :) light up the ROG logo :)

yeah i really hope i can finish this project in march, its beginning to look very nice indeed :):clap:

4. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

2nd last Update

Well i finally got the rest of my watercooling parts :)

which made me get into setting up the tubes and cables :)

well there is not much to say other than enjoy the pictures and i hope you liked the out as much as me :)
    i have onlt one thing left, which is to get my Fan controller back from repair. and see if i can fix the sensor :)

First let us see what beautiful items i have received:clap:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All are very nice and brand new items for my watercooling, not a cheap package to buy :p
    i noticed i am to shortend on tubes and fittings :( so i had to order some more, which i got the day after i placed my order :)
    A HUGE thanks to michael and Phillip from CoolerKit for helping me with this order :)

Well my new items is not helping on my cooling by being in the boxes :) so let us get my old and used cooling out and cleaned and put away :)

My old cooling is the H80 from Corsair, which has been a bit of dusty over time ;) and the standard cooling on my GFX from Asus, their good DCU II cooler with backplate. ofc i have my own new backplate from EK :) let us throw that on instead :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well i really liked then Nutman used in his Babyshark mod the rubber fillport in the back, so i choosed to try out that the samt way :) with a tiny change to a Bitspower stop plug :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well a overlook of the inside of the case before my big leak testing :D i must be sure i have no loose end at all. so i am checking up on the fittings one more time :D i cross fingers :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well i didnt got a picture of that :S BUT!
    I DID have i loose end, i forgot one stop plug in the 200mm radiator :( i suddenly i got water all over the bottom of the case :( i quickly noticed where it came from and closed the hole.

which made me after 6 hours of leak testing with the pump running, on MAX speed, a happy man :D i have i think no air in the system and i have i clean overlook of my case now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dont worry, the black on some of the pictures isnt dirt.. because my tubes are really white as.. something :) well now i am running the system with 3800Mhz at 28 degrees on my CPU on ilde.. and running 980Mhz on my GFX with a tempature of 53 degrees :D:D i really like those temps :D:D

i raised the GFX from the 980Mhz to 1080Mhz and it only raised to 56 degrees :D:D which is only 3 degrees :) i hope i will be able to control the speed of the fans when i get my fan controller.

So? whats left to be done now ? as i see it?
    - Cutting the side panel, so i can get my window in
    - putting my FAN Controller back into my system and do some re-wireing

i hope they will come within a month or so with the very last update for my casemod, my first watercooled casemod :D

last words from me today is just that ROG Rocks ;)

[​IMG]

5. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

doh :( well since it my first watercooled system ever i dare to admit i did some of a mistake :(

well as you can read in the post above, i had 53 degrees on my non-Oc'ed GPU, which i first thought was quite okey temps..

but when ever i jumped into a game or something where my GPU was about to work, my PC rebooted.. which made me furious.. so i was looking through the steps again..

well EK has those tiny plastic washers that, i have placed on the wrong side which pushed the EK waterblock to far away from the GPU.. :wallbash:
    which made me get really high temps on idle and when watching a video..

now i have been placing the block right now and i have now a temp on my GPU idle in windows on 25 degrees, which is like half of before :D

and after my test in furmark i reach only 64 degress:D so now i am a happy man :D :clap::clap:

but again i learn from my mistakes, i wont do that one more time :p:duh::duh:

6. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

glad to hear you fixed the issue! And I think you have some good progress on this project.

However I do have a suggestion mate, and this is meant to be contructive critisism so please don't take offense.

Throught your log there are a lot of what seem like needless pictures. 3 pictures of the same LED strip, different angles of the same thing, pictures of tools on your bench, etc. I would encourage you to really take your time with your pictures, slow down, clean up the area to make sure the focus is on exactly what you want to show, and don't use 6 pictures to show a detail when 2 will do.

I think your progress is great, but I think you will get some more attention if you put a little extra TLC into your build log. I would suggest reading this sticky
    Keep up the progress though mate! :thumb:

7. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

The Bitspower stop plug looks better, I think. ;)

You don't mention this, but how difficult was it really to fill your loop through that fill port?
    I'm asking, because I had quite some problems with Project BabyShark. It was as if there was too much pressure inside the loop - when filling with fluid, the air couldn't escape, so it took me quite a while to fill the loop. I think a fill port is better when placed at the top of the case - or you have some sort of valve at the top of the loop to let out the air when you pour fluid into the loop.

Haha, same **** happened to me on Project BabyShark! ;) I forgot a stop plug in the reservoir...

Oh my. Just be glad you didn't fry the graphics card! Thank God, modern hardware can take quite some abuse before quitting.

8. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

well the stop looks quite better :) and i still missing the last cable management and the side window ;)

well i was quite easy to fill Water through the fillport.. but after the system was about half full, i was forced to use the 5.25 bay, where i could take of the glass and put Water though there..
    not quite easy to only use the fillport.. well maybe on smaller systems, and if the fillport goes directly to the reservoir. which mine didn't..

hehe I used the MODRIGHT rubber surface which helped me preventing the fry my graphic card :D

but - I must say I still have some problem with some water loops / airbubles.. but no problemes with the heart so far :) I just think it comes overtime to completely getting rid of the airbubles around the system

9. torment lm

torment lm Danish Viking

Subbed :) a little late but stil

looks awesome :)