1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update - Poll Added: Snow, love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'General' started by jgrade, 1 Dec 2004.

?

Snow: Love it or Hate it

1. Love it no matter what

79 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. Love it as long as I don't have to drive or shovel

26 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. Only like it on Christmas Eve

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Hate it no matter what

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Don’t know what snow is, I live where it never snows

5 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I have no clue how many inches are required for a snow day. I think it may have more to do with general road conditions (ice, visibility, accessability, etc.). Being a mountainous region with a lot of steep roads/drop-offs, we had a few snow days every year. Great fun for the kids, and it gave the parents an excuse to stay home from work and enjoy hot cocoa by the fire ;)

New York sounds like a wonderful state, one I'd like to see more of (my only experience being New York City). My brother and I are the only people in my entire family (relatives included) not from the northeast (specifically, New Jersey), so I've always had an affinity for the area. My wife and I always said wif we won the lottery, we'd move northeast and build a cabin in the woods, probably somewhere in Maine or Vermont.

...Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

-monkey

2. Mr. Red

Mr. Red Minimodder

lets put it this way, My idea of a good winter day is High of 65 with no rain and plenty of sunshine! :D

3. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Wheres the poll?
    i want snow.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

/me violates Froggy with a snow covered taco :D

5. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

up untill about 2 years ago, i absolutely loved snow. would sit up at the window and watch it fall all night. then would get the snowboard and hit the backhills.

now, i still like to watch, but then i realize that i have to shovel it in the morning. it wasnt that bad when i was younger, but being out of shape, and a smoker - shoveling blows goats.

as for driving, it doesnt bother me, as long as i have rear wheel drive. that's how i learned, and front wheel drives tend to drift in snow more. my volvo sticks unless i *want* it to drift.

bikes - as long as it's under 12" deep and not really crusty - dual suspension mtn bike is my preferred transportation in snow. much fun.
    walking in snow is actually fun, especially a nice hike around the arboretum. as long as you have good boots.

6. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

I love you :D
    (In a non-sexual way. I love you because of how you violated Froggy. for that is what I would dream of doing :D)

7. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

aw luvs ya too :D

8. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

That's why they make snowblowers ;)

This is going to be my 1st year driving my rear-wheel drive Volvo 240 in the snow.. Wish me luck..

9. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

Working on empty today. The poll has been added. :duh:

10. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

oh god, not this again

love snow btw

11. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Snow joke...

12. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Love the stuff but I can count the number of times I have seen it on one hand.

And the times I have seen it would hardly qualify as snow, last few years in Leicester, a couple inches at the most in the city centre where I used to live :(

Can't wait until I one day move to a country (yes, again) that has proper winters!

13. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I love snow. As long as I don't have to drive or shovel that is... I just love making snowmans, and having snowball fights with my friends. Besides that, I still want to go snowboarding... but we don't have any mountains :rolleyes:

14. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

"Theres snow business like snow business .........................."

Sorry couldnt resist :D

15. fizban

fizban What's a Dremel?

I'm one that if it's gonna be cold and wintery, I'd much rather there be snow!!!! Cause it's fun, and pretty, and well what more is there to say?

16. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I love it :)

We hardly get it here though, I'm thinking that 321bhp through the back wheels on snow is going to be fun though :D

17. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Actually, here's a question for everyone: Is there anyone here who has never seen snow in person? The may seem like a strange question, but I've met quite a few people in my life who never have.

18. alpha112

alpha112 Modder

I like the snow that you can make snowballs n stuff out of but not that useless powdery stuff we get sometimes. I remember a few years ago when it snowed a lot the whole school (900 people) and the teachers all had a snowball fight on the field, I didnt have gloves and my hands were blueish by the end but it was all worth it :thumb: .

19. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I love snow and i don't mind driving in it except around here, there are a bunch of idiots who can't even drive when the roads are DRY! :wallbash:

I learned how to drive in snow by driving that big beheamouth rear-wheel drive, v8 cadillac in that picture of me. I never went in a ditch or anything of the such. Got stuck on a hill once but that was because the dorks behind me stopped DIRECTLY behind me so I couldn't even get back down the hill....just floored it til i melted all the ice out from under my tires. :D :rock:

20. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Theyve been saying it would snow for a while now...and it hasnt, just cold. And i BET you that as soon as i go home (next friday) it will snow sh*t loads in Newcastle :( blooming micro-climate