1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress UPDATE: Shuttle Mod 05/02/11

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Boscoe, 22 Jun 2010.

1. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

Hi, so I have been making computers for a while now and the first one didn't start off very well, the Shuttle. I manged to brake the motherboard socket so badly it couldn't be repaired and so because it was my fault it coulnd't be fixed unless I paid £300 which might of well have got a new one for that. So the Shuttle has sat empty until I thought of modding it to fit mini-itx. So I got to work planning some designs and I then came up with one that involves cutting out the back panel and starting again as the Shuttle supports a BTX orientation motherboard so the expansion slots were in the wrong place for mini-itx. So I am going to use 2mm thick aluminium sheet to cover the back and and make the new I/O plate hole and two expansion slots for a double width graphics card. the back panel and motherboard tray will be removable just like the TJ07, the micro ATX psu will also come out with it. So heres what I have done so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now I need to get a Be-quiet psu from scan and some sheet metal off ebay, when the money finally gets into my paypal account!!

22.06.2010 : BEGINNING MODDING.

So this morning i got the mertal I ordered through the post and took it to my shed to start making. I managed to get the back done and then the mobo tray attached to it. i then secured the tray through the bottom with some stand offs the other way up and then screwed through the bottom. the whole thing will be removable by un-screwing the cover and the bottom screws to get the tray out. the tray and back then just comes out with the PSU in the top. Heres the pics :D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should be back in a few days with an update when I get the PSu and only then will I start cutting the I/O sheild hole and expansion slot holes. Then it shoouldn't take too long!

Last edited: 5 Feb 2011
  2. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

So I thought I would have another shot at doing this mod as I do love the case! Sorry for the bad pic quality to come but this will give you little idea of what I have done in the mean time.

Regular Shuttle?

[​IMG]

NO! New skeleton!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]