1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Upgrade options

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BRAWL, 4 May 2011.

1. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Howdy folks,

Enlighten me gents and lasses, I'm contemplating some graphics updated. I'm currently plodding along nicely with my XFX 5870. However, looking at all the new shiny games coming out and knowing full well I like to play everything running on "Awesome" (i.e. maximum), I've also got my hands on a spare £400 so I'm wondering if I should either be doing one of the following.

A) another XFX5870 for Crossfire.
    B) Sell the current XFX5870 and aquire myself a 6990? (Think £400 + selling price of 5870)
    C) Wait for 7xxx series.

Call me a fanboy, I can't stand Nvidia cards... they all seem to be cursed with me and die (my friends died on me the otherday aswell...) So i'd love to see some serious options here. Other good idea's are wicked aswell.

Lemme know peeps.

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Scan have an XFX 5870 on their today Only page right now for £137.99. does that alter your budget choices?

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I ran two 5870's in crossfire no hassle's on 10.9 and I would definitely add another for that price that Fingers showed for sure.

I'm running a 5990 now which is an awesome card as i love my ATi's as well, in my spare machine I have a GTX460 cyclone 1GB OC but will exchange it soon for a ATi card

4. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Tragically not as the cash doesn't hit my account till +checks+ 20.05.2011 :/ which is damn awkward. I'm contemplating upgrade on payday at the end of the ze month!