1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Upgrading my 1000he HDD recomendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HourBeforeDawn, 2 May 2009.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

So I was looking to getting some opinions on some hard drive upgrades for my 1000he, SSD would be nice but price and capacity isnt there for my budget just yet.

So I was looking at the following three 500gb HDD

Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD5000BEVT 500GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136314

SAMSUNG Spinpoint M7 HM500JI 500GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152168

Seagate Momentus 5400.6 ST9500325ASG Hard Drive
    http://www.buy.com/prod/seagate-mom...500gb-5400rpm-serial/q/loc/101/209968890.html

Have any of you any first hand experience with any of these drives or your thought or maybe an alternative. I was thinking of maybe getting a 7200rpm drive but I do on my netbook I dont think really require or benefit to much from such a drive not to mention that added heat that would be produced and the some what increase in power usage but if you think other wise by all means let me know and why.

Thanks for your assistance

2. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

Go with the Western Digital, its the brand i trust, or Samsung, not Seagate.

3. bagman

bagman Minimodder

go with the westeren digital custompc did a article in there latest magazine about upgrading laptops and they got good results with the wd

4. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

whichever of those three is cheapest; the differences between them will be minimal. don't bother with a 7200rpm, in a netbook you won't see too much of a difference, and if it's anything like my acer it really doesn't need any extra heat in there.

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well 2 votes for WD, as for price well they are all priced pretty much the same, the seagate is the G shock series which is suppose to be more resistant to movement and transportation both in powered and unpowered modes which increase the life span of the drive, Im not sure if the other drives have anything similar to that which is why Im looking for some insight not just on who to go with but why and well I would like a why based around some facts, and thanks for those who have posted so far.