1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPS are idiots

Discussion in 'General' started by IsaacSibson, 18 Nov 2002.

1. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

They were supposed to deliver a package today.

Eventually I called them (6:45pm).

"Oh, we couldn't find the address and need directions"

Errrmmm....you're a ****ing courier company and you can't ****ing find an address? Let's see.... 223...it's between 221 and 225. Just drive along the ****ing road and LOOK!

2. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

LOL,
    I'm in an apartment, and I ordered a package.
    Instead of leaving it on the porch, they let a note saying it was at the apartment office. (Ok good, they didn't leave it to be stolen)

BUT... I went to the office, and no package, and while I got pissed at my apartments office people for loosing it, I went home.

The next day I get a call from the apartments across the street,
    he left it at THEIR office!!!
    The apartments are totaly different styles, so he can't have confused them.

Im with you Isaac

3. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

"Beyond the book"... and into the next street by the sounds of it :rolleyes:

4. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

We had a driver leave a mobo and CPU out by our front door, nobody was home all day, lucky it didn't get stolen, we didn't get home till about 8:30 ish that day.

5. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

This (sadly) does not surprise me in the slightest :sigh:

6. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Stuff like this happens all the time.... :sigh:

7. SleeperDC

SleeperDC What's a Dremel?

tell me it's a joke...:hehe: :hehe:

8. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Im work we get deliveries of computer bits ALL the time, and one of them is a freelance TNT (like a subcontracter) who is really scary, stinks, cant talk properly and has two rows of teeth, anyway, as soon as his white van appeares all the girls in the office dissapear into the server room. This guy asks for directions EVERY time... he also asks for directions to the same place.. :sigh: :eyebrow:

9. quack

quack Minimodder

Tell them to get a GPS device geez.

Got a palm, iPAQ, HP etc?... check out Navman Mobile. Get yourself a copy of SmartST Professional (also from Navman) and you'll have a handheld talking navigation system.

My dad has this, and it's fantastic... just type in your destination, and it'll talk you through getting there. The entire UK and Ireland is covered, and I believe so is most of Europe (although I haven't seen a Europe disc yet, we should be getting one soon).

If you go off the route it has given you, it will either try to get you back on track, or work out a new route to your destination. If you manage to get lost using this, you really are an idiot ;)

10. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Both UPS and FedEx leave stuffs on my porch all the time. I would never worry about someone taking off with it where I live but I always thought about just saying that I never got it what would happen. I would probably get screwed :rolleyes: .

11. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Unless the battries die :).

12. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

Finally got the damn thing.

First day it turned out they couldn't find it because they couldn't read the address, and missed the road name (DUH).

Second day they turned up 10 minutes after I left the house.

Finally today I got back and they hadn't been yet, and finally turned up and I gave them their money (****ing customs!), and so, finally, have the package.

13. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Well I don't know what it's like in Wales, but generally everyone has two rows of teeth. ;)

14. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

At least they didn't leave it in the wheelie bin ('for safe keeping until you can collect your parcel later') like someone *cough*Parcelforce*cough* did when I ordered my joystick from Dabs, who had also managed to run over the parcel in their truck by the look of the packaging.....

:wallbash: Damn couriers....

15. quack

quack Minimodder

Good point. It usually works best if you're in your car, with it plugged into the cigarette lighter socket.

16. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Banned

i worked as a bike courier for 3 months called "city sprint" was a ok job, until it rained, i was goign from bimingham ot london most days, long trips but hell of good pay, and yes sometimes id id leave packages outside that had important documents in them :hehe:

17. TrioMaxwell

TrioMaxwell What's a Dremel?

I would like to say, for the record, that Digitalblueshift worked at UPS. (In Canada). I would also like to say that he started work at 3:00... AM!!!!! Tell me that you wouldn't make mistakes that freakin early in the morning. I'll tell you you're a freakin liar!

In conclusion: leave UPS alone. Yeah they're stupid, but hey. At least they don't work at the local bar and spit in your drink.

18. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

If you ever order anything that needs to be shipped, have them put it in a reasonably sized container for its weight, IE Heavy = big, light = 12" square. Anything smaller than 6" to 8" square just gets shoved anywhere it fits, evein if it is a really titght fit. Heavy boxes get rolled, so the corners will always be knocked off.

If the dimensions are anywhere bethween 8" and 18", and the box is relativley sturdy nothing will ever happen to it. It gets packed and left usually, until the "Smaller" boxes can be "placed" in all of the spaces left over. Remember the packers @ UPS have to pack 6 tons or more of square boxes in a half round container, it tends to not work very well for the filler boxes.
    IE Computer tower boxes, and even 19" monitors are easy to pack, and rarley if ever get damaged, (I usialluy packed 4 27" sun monitors(mustabeen 150 Pounds a piece))

Unless other companies decide to ship a 60 pound object in a box the size of a teacup. They tend to pierce titanium if they fall from anything more than 3".