1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ups, line conditioner, monitor flicker

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VadimtheConqueror, 24 Apr 2003.

1. VadimtheConqueror

VadimtheConqueror I love the little tacos...

k, i have a few questions.

1) the flicker that i get on my monitor is caused by, i think, bad power. is there anything else that might be causing it? it only flickers like this in my house, when i go to my friends house it's fine.

2)would a UPS provide some sort of line conditioning, as i seem to remember hearing that a while ago.

3)recomendations on UPS/line conditioners would be very appreciated.

thanks.

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Generally a USP will provide some form of power cleaning and line conditioning. Have you a standard surge protector at all? it may be worth borrowing a surge protector if possible.
    Its not certain that a UPS will fix the problem though but its probably quite likley from the symptoms you describe. have you tried the monitor/PC on different plug sockets in your house at all?

3. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

is there a tv or speakers eg hi fi near the monitor?

4. VadimtheConqueror

VadimtheConqueror I love the little tacos...

i've tried it on other plugs in the house, they're all about the same. only speakers near it are my computer speakers. nothing super powerful.

have all my stuff pluged into a surge protector.

i'm gonna look into some solutions, anyone know how a line conditioner works and if it's possible to build one?