1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics US Digital Inclinometer

Discussion in 'Modding' started by C0nKer, 4 Feb 2007.

1. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

Greetings.

Has anyone here used US Digital T6S-2048 inclinometer? How do I interface it with, say a microcontroller. Programming examples would be nice. I've googled it out, but can't find anything.

2. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom What's a Dremel?

funnily enough, I was just looking at US Digital's website yesterday, looking at their products.

they output a quadrature signal, so look for examples of that, try searching for
    'quadrature encoder' 'rotary encoder' and other stuff thats similar. Its just 2 square waves, 90 degrees out of phase, if you find some graphs showing it, it should make sense to you :thumb:

EDIT:

found this for you...
    http://www.sxlist.com/techref/microchip/qenc.htm

simple way to do it for a microcontroller would to put one channel on an interupt, when that happens look at the last phase, make that into a 4-bit word (oldA,oldB,newA,newB) and use that for a lookup table :hip:

Last edited: 5 Feb 2007
  3. imike

imike What's a Dremel?

4. LuitvD

LuitvD What's a Dremel?

even better is to use a PIC chip with built-in Quadrature Encoder Interface (the PIC18Fxx31 family, IIRC) :)