1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other US Purchasing Help - Vinyl Dye

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 11 Dec 2009.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Need some assistance.

I'm currently working on replacing the head unit in the Jag, and I've got a fascia adaptor to ensure a nice finish. Problem is, it's the wrong shade of grey to match the plastic of the centre console where it's going.

I've found out that the fascia / console colour (or color, depending on where you are) is Granite. I believe this is a Ford naming convention, as the car was made during the time Jaguar was owned by Ford.

I've found a site that produces OEM colour matched vinyl dye, and they have Ford Granite (4NA on the colour chart / 334 on the dropdown) listed.

http://www.bryndana.com/cchart.html
    http://www.colorbondtuner.net/cart/core.cgi?p_id=0001

Looks the right colour as well. The only problem is I can't seem to find a UK / European distrbutor, and the online shop doesn't allow for international shipping.

So - does anyone know of anywhere over on this side of the pond that stocks the stuff, or is anyone willing to buy a can of it and ship it over to me? I'd re-imberse all purchase and shipping costs, and you can bask in the warm glow of GOO's eternal gratitude. You may even get rep for it. :)

Thanks in advance,

GOO

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Doesn't a courier like Shitty link operate a US PO box where you can have stuff delivered to, then forwarded to the UK? I seem to remember someone mentioning it on here, hopefully someone with a better memory will jump in. :D

3. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

5. GreatOldOne

Aha! I assume that they ship to the UK then... They do a Ford dark granite... I think an email enquiry is required.

Thanks.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

They most certainly used to, at any rate.

7. GreatOldOne

Hmmm - just got a reply from them. They can't advise me on their version of Ford Granite - as if it's wrong, it'd be there fault. And I don't want to order anything of a colour swatch on a website, as colours are never the same on a monitor.

So - I've asked my mate who's going to Chicago for christmas to see if he can get me some sent back - he's not going to be able to bring it back on the plane, as I guess the TSA would through a fit and tell him to dump it if it's in his hand carry - and I guess it'd probably be classed as hazardous for purposes of going in the hold.

No helpful souls over their want to help Goo out with a plan B if I can't get the stuff delivered to him whilst he's out there?

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Parcel2go have a rent a US address aswell, the downside is its £20 a year and you still have to pay shipping costs for whatever you send in, so its only really useful if you buy alot of stuff from america.