1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US "Terrorist watch list" tops one million entries

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 14 Jul 2008.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Original story

Never mind terrorists, fear your own government! :wallbash:

2. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Thats what I say about the UK all the time! ;)

And yes, the terrorists are winning. They have instilled fear into our happy little lives. Well... at least the people that are naive enough to think that (the world leaders). Fear is a powerful tool indeed, and the reaction of the governments is just playing into it. Really pisses me off really.....

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'd put money on both of us being on it :p

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I'm not a flyer - AMTRAK is down home American travel. Never been screened at a Union Station. :rock:

yet?

John

5. Pos1tron

Pos1tron Hello Mobo

Harmless little old ladies...

Most stupid bit of Airport Security - when the randomly selected person(s) for further screening are harmless, typical American old ladies carrying almost no luggage :sigh:. That, and the fact that the vaguest mention of 'Dewsbury' on my passport tends to put me in there 50% of the time. Even my MP - who may be an attention seeking, useless twit, but still - gets detained

6. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Don't they realise the best way to ruin any database/list is to fill it with crap data? :duh:

99.99+% of people on that list aren't going to be terrorists and as the list is now so immense, the list utterly fails at what it was supposed to be: a small list of people who may be terrorists...

Still, it's the perfect thing to keep the American public in fear and to show them they're "doing something about it" no matter how inept the method.

Security theater FTL :wallbash:

7. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Isn't the idea of the list pretty flawed to begin with? I think it's safe to assume that the criminal masterminds aren't using their real names, and adding a bunch of aliases that they might use is a crap shoot.

-monkey

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I've taken the train from Jersey into NY before.....I can't stand the lingering smell of stale vomit! :hehe:

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Might as well play safe; add the whole world population that is not American.

Especially the Canadians. :p

10. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

Actually it is the governments that should be on the list because they are the ones who use the perceived threat of violence to achieve political and social change.

I mean all governments who support the 'war on terror', not just the US government, only the politicians who have actively tried to stop freedom being taken away should be left off the list.

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

You're tellin' me! Bunch of freeloaders, with their ice fishing and their curling. I always thought they were a tad shifty.

-monkey